Role and Responsibilities
Provides computer operations support and systems administration, utilizing all or some of the following: Windows Operating Systems (i.e., Windows XP, Vista and/or Windows 7, Windows Servers, UNIX and/or AIX command-lines). Troubleshoots and monitors networks, systems, and applications. Prepares and submits reports as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Candidate must be CompTIA Security+ (SYO-301) certified in accordance with Department of Defense Directive 8570.
- Must have four (4) years of experience providing computer operations support and systems administration.
- Experience should include Windows Operating Systems Windows XP, Vista and/or Windows 7, Windows Servers and have knowledge of UNIX and/or AIX command-lines utilization.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with networks, systems, and application troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting.
- Experienced with tape backup systems and data backup/recovery functionality.
- Must have a basic understanding of DB2 and SQL and a background in general computer operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands, along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job are: close vision, including but not limited to, working on desktop computers and/or mobile devices and viewing hardcopy documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it.
No part of this position description or of any other shall be construed as an employment contract. Employment with GBSI is at will and constrained by both the laws of the State of Florida and those of the state wherein the employee performs services for the company.