Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Auxogyn, Inc. is a privately held company is revolutionizing the field of reproductive medicine by translating scientific discoveries in early embryo development into effective clinical tools. The Company's flagship product, the Eeva™ Test, delivers consistent, objective and quantitative information regarding embryo viability that clinicians and their infertility patients can use to make important treatment decisions. Eeva received CE mark in July 2012 and is currently available for use in the European Union. Eeva is not yet cleared in the US and is limited to investigational use only. Recently the Company and Merck Serono announced a strategic partnership to further advance the development and commercialization of the Eeva Test in the European Union, Canada, Australia and the US. The Company closed its first round of financing in May 2010 and is funded by the leading life science venture firms: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, TPG Biotechnology, Merck Serono Ventures and SRone.
We seek an outstanding professional for the position of Senior Computer Vision Software Engineer. Located on the mid-peninsula, we are developing revolutionary imaging-based technologies in the areas of reproductive health and applied science. We are seeking an exceptional Computer Vision Software Engineer to join our innovative team of engineers and scientists to productize research results and prototype software. This is a unique opportunity to develop and launch ground breaking technology.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Job Experience
- Work with computer vision scientists and software engineers to develop, maintain and improve software for computer vision, including automated cell tracking, classification, etc.
- Propose, design, and manage a data system to support experiments involving imagery and clinical data. May conduct experiments and report results.
- Develop software architecture for set of computer vision algorithm libraries.
- Work with the other software engineers to facilitate the transfer of algorithms from research/prototype to product.
- Develop, execute, and document unit-level and integration-level tests.
- Prepare design documentation. Participate in design reviews, software code reviews.
- Manage Linux compute cluster and perform basic system administration.
- Other tasks as requested by management.
Special Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science with a minimum 3 years related experience. Medical device (or other regulated industry) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in computer vision, preferably with application in medical or life sciences. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of computer vision fundamentals, such as segmentation, tracking, shape modeling, probabilistic inference, and image understanding.
- Experience in object-oriented design and C++; experience with source control and bug tracking systems.
- Familiarity with ITK, Open CV, and Matlab.
- Exceptional interpersonal / written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Experience with Linux, Microsoft Visual Studio, shell scripting, SQL, and basic Database management. Candidate should be familiar with current technologies.
- Preferred: experience with machine learning, classification.
- You have a passion for technology, hard problems and meaningful innovations
- You have a strong analytical and creative problem solving skills that inspire others
- You have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- You thrive in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, team-based environment
We offer a competitive compensation package including health insurance, stock options and a challenging work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Auxogyn, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -