A Talisker Mountain Destination
At Canyons Resort, proud winner of the 2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award , you’re not just an employee, you’re a Guide. As such a Guide, you have the opportunity to create extraordinary experiences for our guests and as a company, we can say without a doubt that we value our Guides above all else.
We’ve added lifts, new amenities and ski terrain – encompassing one of the largest mountain resort developments in North America. The one thing we haven’t changed is our respect for each other and our authenticity. We are known for our friendliness because we genuinely like creating extraordinary experiences for our guests.
If you're ready to be part of something big and believe you can make a difference for our guests, we might be the right fit for you.
This is the position for you, if…
You easily connect with people and can motivate and inspire them to achieve results.
You want to be held accountable to the highest standard of work .
You are self-confident and can enliven, engage and positively impact groups if individuals.
You excel in a fast pace environment that is result oriented .
If you answered YES to all of the above, please keep reading!
TITLE: SENIOR CONFERENCE SALES MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: CONFERENCE SALES
STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
Responsible for managing accounts within a designated market, as well as, room night production goal achievement within an assigned vertical and/or geographical market.
- Develop / maintain annual and quarterly action plans addressing account management strategies within designated market.
- Evaluate, solicit and sell business as required.
- Conduct needs analysis for all group business opportunities.
- Meet and exceed individual goals and top-line revenues.
- Prepare and send creative and well conceived customer proposals in accordance with RFP’s and/or personal or telephone discussion with the customer.
- Prepare, customize and send accurate and concise written contracts detailing dates, rates, space, site fees, attrition/cancellation, deposit requirements, cut-off dates, description of services, accommodations and legal clauses.
- Maintain an effective and consistent plan of correspondence and communication with all customers.
- Develop complete working knowledge of local and regional competition.
- Follow-up on progress of booked business and key account performance, as well as, maintain assigned accounts in accordance with guidelines outlined in sales minimum operating standards.
- Participate in sales meetings and industry-related organizations to represent the Resort and Company.
- Develop new sales opportunities, through prospecting and other means, that offer increased revenue potential consistent with the overall Company goals.
- Assist in developing and executing projects with an emphasis on increased sales activity, volume and profit.
- Compile sales data and analyze information to assist in sales decision-making.
- Collect initial group deposits.
- Prioritize and forecast markets.
- Maximize rates, space and dates.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Superior communication skills (verbal, public speaking and written)
- Highly organized with strong time management instincts.
- Honest. High level of integrity.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through. Understands that there is no substitute for response time. Possesses a sense of urgency.
- Can handle fast paced high-pressure situations.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work all hours of the day, any days of the week.
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to maintain good balance in life.
- Exhibits a genuine internal drive that demonstrates consistent regard and dedication to guests and the organization by being engaged, interested, and productive.
- Applies individuality to his/her commitment to the team and organization while building constructive and effective relationships; collaborates to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrates the courage to accept responsibility and take initiative for the situation/circumstance and see it through. Has the ability to step outside one’s comfort zone and present new ideas and perspectives to create positive outcomes.
- Enthusiasm/Energy. Has a passion for the business.
- Possesses acute listening skills. Asks questions. Ability to consciously slow the mind down.
- Creativity. Ability to initiate new ideas and/or apply old ideas in new ways.
- Perception/sensitivity. Listen and hear the customer and just as importantly possess the ability to “read between the lines”.
Supervision received from VP, Sales and Marketing, Lodging
- Office situation, i.e., sitting, standing or moving in a small area.
- Repetitive keyboard action.
- Ability to travel out of state.
- Three to five (+) years experience in resort sales or some related hospitality field required.
- Business degree helpful.
- Ability to relate well with others. Team focus.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and willingness to accept constant challenge.
- Ability to perform all job duties/responsibilities.
The Canyons - 18 months ago