Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Configuration Management Engineer to join our growing team in Washington, DC.
The Senior Configuration Management Engineer position is a hands-on role responsible for understanding how configuration management and releases take place currently in CSSC and collaborating with the Technical Architects to identify and implement processes and systems in order to improve and eliminate risks in software deployments. The position will work closely with the various development teams, the QA team, and systems administrators in order to streamline the source management, build, and deployment processes, introducing automation where appropriate.
- Create and manage system deployment documentation
- Define, implement, and manage the build, integration, and release process for all Assessment systems
- Define, implement, and manage processes and procedures for source management
- Serve as the gatekeeper for source code and system deployments; establish controls and processes around these functions
- Configure source repository and CM tools
- Introduce automation into the build and deployment procedures
- Implement version control of SQL Server artifact
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required, advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of configuration management experience
- Experience working with at least one distributed version control system e.g. Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience managing the build and deployment of enterprise applications across multiple production systems for various clients
- Extensive experience developing automation scripts to automate the software deployment process (experience required in a scripting language such as PERL, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Shell Scripts (Bash, etc.))
- Integrating source control and bug tracking systems
- Microsoft SQL Server version control
- Customization of configuration management tools (CVS and TeamCity experience is a plus)
- Experience with configuration management of open source software systems is preferred
American Institutes for Research - 22 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...