Six3 Intelligence Solutions, Inc. (Six3), headquartered in McLean, Virginia, was founded in 2009 to provide strategic and differentiated solutions and services to support the missions of customers. The company is based around six core values—Integrity, Ethics, Partnership, Trust, Quality, and Innovation—to provide excellence in serving the missions of our three key markets: Defense, Intelligence, and Civilian communities. The Six3 family is made up of industry-leading companies including Six3 Advanced Systems (BIT Systems) and Six3 Enterprise Systems, LLC (Novii Design). Our mission solutions include: biometrics, identity intelligence (I2), counterintelligence; command, control, communications, computers, and combat systems intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (C5ISR); and Cyber security and enterprise architectures that protect U.S. interests at home and abroad.
The Configuration/Release Manager will be a key member of a dynamic, multi-disciplined team responsible for configuration and release management of a Department of Defense mission application that supports counter-terrorism directives. The candidate will be responsible for managing software configurations as well as miscellaneous utilities and scripts. The candidate should have a System Administration background to assist with the planning of CM server layout and configuration, as well as COTS software installation. Candidate will manage baseline configuration for all project-related work and be responsible for managing each software release. Where applicable the job will also require participation in the software development lifecycle to include testing and creation / maintenance of release documents.
• Computer science degree or a minimum of 8 years of experience in support of information technology computer systems and networks.
• At least 5 years of Unix Systems Administration
• Thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment - learn and become productive quickly and meet team goals, can-do attitude, able to do what it takes to deliver.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
• Possess a high-degree of analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
• CM software management to include, but not limited to: Git, Atlassian Suite of Software Development and Collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crowd), CruiseControl, etc.
• Research, download, install and configure latest versions of CM software for LINUX Software Configuration Management
• Process build reports and resolve noted discrepancies.
• Plan repository organization and branch scheme
• Create branches and tags according to branching scheme for testing/deployment environment
• Prepare software for import and import and customize
• Create a subversion repository for software related documentation Assist developers in learning the CM tool
• Perform CM audits on the integrity of the software Software Change Management
• Work with the projects to develop a work flow for the projects change request
• In coordination with project team, configure and implement workflow and project settings in CM System
• Administer CM System
• Manage and track changes to project baseline – code, documentation, etc.
• Document Management (e.g., Subversion)
• Document the software installation and configuration of the CM tools (i.e., Git, JIRA, etc)
• Document the project customizations of CM tools
• Work with project to identify current documentation
• Develop, document, implement and enforce procedures for using Git.
• Create and maintain the Configuration Management Plan Addendum to the Configuration Management Plan.
• Set up and maintain an online check out / check in library of software related books to share.
• Develop an Data Management Guide (how Git is set up (branches, tags, trunk) and how the development directory structure is set up)
• Support Engineering Team to make necessary adjustments to baseline configuration.
• Support Test Team events – UAT, FAT, etc.
• Clearance: Top Secret / SCI
We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Six3! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please visit us at: www.six3systems.com.
REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE
We welcome all qualified candidates to submit their current resumes to: email@example.com
Six3 is proud to support Workforce Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Bachelor of Science