Job Title: |
Senior Consultant - Reporting and Analytics
New York, NY
We help everyone act on their best intentions to protect their financial future –for themselves and their loved ones.
We’re building a new business inside a 145-year old company
creating infrastructure, systems, and procedures
while at the same time
managing the daily demands of a growing business.
This is not easy.
It requires solution-focused, figure-out-how-to-get-it-done people.
Our schedules are packed; every day brings
new and unexpected challenges.
Our success is not assured –we have to earn it.
A willingness to develop yourself and dig deep;
to practice new skills and apply effective behaviors is required.
If you love what you do and not just what you get for doing it, you’re in the right place.
None of this is easy... but it’s worth it.
The Direct-to-Consumer organization is seeking a passionate, team oriented reporting and analytics specialist. You will be a member of a smart, passionate and dedicated team that leverages some of the best technologies and practices in the business. You will work in a group that has a vibe of a start-up but the stability of a 145 year-old company. Our organization has quadrupled its sales over the past 3 years, and increased our customer satisfaction score by 88% year-over-year. But this growth is not guaranteed, and we need smart, thick-skinned, figure-out-how-to-get-it-done type of people to continue on this trajectory.
We understand the importance data and analytics has on the success of our business. We’ve established a foundation of people and technologies that can effectively translate business needs into analytical frameworks and the insights into action. We work with one of the best Marketing Analytics agencies in the world. We use techniques such as media mix optimization, segmentation, predictive modeling, and multivariate testing to optimize our business model.
As a reporting and analytics consultant within the Direct-to-Consumer Analytics team, you will improve the Life Insurance underwriting process for consumers and associates by assessing processes, developing and reporting on key productivity and quality metrics, monitoring performance, prioritizing and implementing process improvements, and conducting business-driving analysis / insights. You will mine the data warehouse for the identification of trends that suggest new marketing & business opportunities and follow through with the recommendation of key strategies.
- Solve business problems by developing practical solutions through the application of quantitative methods.
- Identify, develop, monitor, and communicate productivity and quality performance metrics for case management and underwriting groups.
- Compile and analyze large volumes of data to provide reporting and trending of key performance indicators to senior management.
- Provide insights and identify data inconsistencies for investigation.
- Key reporting includes, but is not limited to:
- Progression and timing through each step of the Life Insurance underwriting process.
- Evaluating and tracking the queue of applications in-process.
- Tracking applications, approvals, sales, and premium.
- Agent level performance metrics.
- Variances between initial and finalized policy details.
- Identify process improvements within analytics, challenging existing processes where needed.
- Provide actionable insights related to improving the flow through the various steps of the life insurance purchase process, maximizing speed, efficiency, and profitability.
- Translate high-level or operational business needs into appropriate actionable analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics or related field preferred, or 8 years of equivalent experience
5 + years of related experience including:
- Experience identifying key business metrics and developing reporting to track them
- Synthesizing and analyzing large sets of data to yield actionable findings
- Previous data mining and/or business intelligence experience
- Experience utilizing analytic reasoning capabilities
- Previous experience balancing multiple responsibilities and adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working within a team environment, as well as independently
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Previous experience and comfortable working in a competitive, high-performance environment
- Experience utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Access
- Previous experience in the insurance or financial services industry preferred
- SAS experience a plus
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...