Professional Services Senior Consultant – Team Lead
The Senior Technical Consultant will lead a Teradata Managed Services team providing support services to the world’s largest Retailer, Walmart Stores Incorporated. Teradata Managed Services assumes broad operational responsibility for a customer’s Teradata data warehouse environment under contracted Service Level Agreements, transferring service accountability and technology control to our experts when there is no client owned support function, or a client needs to supplement his own staff. The MS Team Leader is responsible for overall co-ordination between the onshore and offshore teams while still functioning as a technical consultant.
The Managed Services team leader requires specialized skills in understanding the architecture, design and operational aspects of Teradata warehouses, including knowledge of client applications, data models and knowledge of Teradata tools and utilities used for administration and performance management of the warehouse environment. Candidates for this position must have an intensive focus and knowledge of process quality and process control disciplines, and be able to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the client organization.
The Managed Services team leader is a Teradata trained Consultant with a proven track record of Managed Services engagements or a history of successful employment and escalating responsibilities within a Teradata customer environment . The team leader will lead a team of DBA’s, including both onshore and remote offshore resources operating from a Managed Services delivery center in either Mumbai or Pune, India,
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Develop relationships and coordinate closely with various departments to understand Teradata features and how those features can benefit performance
- Ensure the smooth ongoing execution of team’s activities by coordinating tasks between onshore and offshore teams.
- Provide periodic reports to the Walmart Account’s Managing Partner on the team’s performance and activities.
Mentors client on Performance best practices and methodologies
Provide subject matter expertise on customer projects
Support the account team in efforts to sell client engagements (e.g., presentations, proposals, proofs of concept, etc.)
Identify/communicate engagement service opportunities to the account team
Develop/deliver client presentations
Use Teradata collected data to analyze a customer’s current environment, determine trouble areas, and present and/or implement recommendations
Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests, change requests, and incidents
Client Service Oriented - Works to anticipate client needs. Has an overriding commitment to client satisfaction.
Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information.
Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply.
Adaptable - Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches.
o Database Administration
- Working knowledge of Teradata tasks, tools and utilities in the following areas:
o System Administration
o Capacity Planning & Performance Management
o Backup, Archive, and Restore Administration
Communication skills, written and oral, with ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audience.
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
Superior judgment, intuition and analytical skills
Innovative thinking, creativity and originality
Strong problem solving capabilities
Managing Multiple Priorities
Coaches and develops others
Delegation and Performance Management
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers
Excellent customer facing skills, including negotiation of change requests, and scope expansion
Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata tools and utilities, specifically:
- 7+ years experience in computer technology or related fields
- Knowledge of data warehousing including active enterprise Intelligence, replication techniques and BI tools
- 5+ years of Teradata experience working as a production Infrastructure, application or development support
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology or Computer Science is desirable
- Teradata Masters Certification is preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests, change requests, and incidents
- Database Administration
- Performance Management
- Teradata Database Query Log
- Teradata Viewpoint
- Teradata Workload Designer (TASM)
- Teradata SQL Assistant
- Teradata Index Wizard
- Teradata Statistics Wizard
- Teradata Visual Explain
- Teradata Locking Logger
- Teradata Load Utilities, FastLoad, Mload
- TTU and other utilities
- System Administrator
- Pack Disk, Scan Disk
- Teradata Database System Control (DBS Control)
- Linux Utilities, CRON
- BackUp and Recovery
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
- 5 plus years of Teradata Capacity Planning
- 5 plus years of Teradata Workload Management
- 5 plus years of Teradata Performance Tuning
- Proficient in UNIX, Linux and MVS
- Experience advising developers and development teams from design through build phase
- Knowledge of and experience with using Viewpoint to monitor and manage the Teradata Environment
- Experience with Active or Dual Active environments, use of Teradata Multisystem Manager (TMSM)
AMS Sales & Services
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...