About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
The Solutions Risk Management team has an opportunity for a Contracts Manager in our Nashville, TN facility. This position is responsible for establishment, administration, and maintenance of all contracts and subcontracts and the associated master files. This position is also responsible for the administration of all contracting processes including creating, entering, updating, and modifying of project information into the contracting modules of the accounting system. The individual will report to the Functional Controller-Solutions Risk Management.
The individual in this position will be responsible for the following:
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of terms and conditions of contracts and subcontracts, intermediate knowledge of general accounting procedures and insurance requirements and practices, as well as knowledge of government contracting requirements and practices. Demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts and terms related to revenue, cost, gross margin and cash management. The ability to accurately describe complex situations, develop appropriate wording or language to satisfy legal or contractual requirements, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
- Reviewing project contracts, including government contracts, to identify Schneider Electric North America obligations, liabilities and risks. Highlighting the aforementioned and documenting suggested changes and clarifications.
- Providing support in RFP efforts including playing an integral role in proposal preparation and bid/no bid analysis (risk analysis & management)
- Performs contract review and execution in accordance with Schneider Electric North America requirements and indicates and documents deviations.
- Assists Functional Controller-Solutions Risk Management in working with internal business teams on issues and developments relating to assigned contracts.
- Compiles information required to issue subcontract documents
- Tracks subcontracts through final execution to ensure completed records are provided for respective job files.
- Assists with contract close out with appropriate project management team including invoice analysis and gathers information to ensure compliance to contract terms.
- Provides support to Functional Controller-Solutions Risk Management and Project Management Tenders as well as members of internal RFP/Project Management teams.
- Communicates and provides consultation regarding contractual policy and practice to internal business teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent experience. Must have experience in project management and a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience focused in contract administration or project controlling. Contract Management Certification preferred. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be proactive, have the ability to multi task, work in a fast paced team environment and posses good time management skills. In addition, a good working knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Windows is required. Standard business application software experience to include: MS Office, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Project.