Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Senior Contracts Manager for the Contracts Department in our Washington, DC office. |
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of CA Group, provides direct procurement services, technical assistance, and training to improve health outcomes, establish good governance, and stimulate economic growth across the developing world. Established practice areas include Health, Supply Chain Services, Food Security, and M&E. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
- To contribute to the overall credibility of Crown Agents through high quality documents and participate profit growth by protecting CA-USA’s interests in contracts through:
- Directing operations of a robust contracts and pricing development unit, including contract and project set-up and close-out, and staff development.
- Skillful negotiating of contractual relationships.
- Ensuring the provision of compliant advisory services in USG, MCC, foundations and other commercial service type cost reimbursable, T&M and fixed price contracts.
- Ensuring adherence to the CA-USA and CA corporate policies and procedures, and CA-USA’s commercial and pricing strategy.
- Fostering close collaboration of the contracts process with Programmatic, Business Development, Finance, and HR offices.
- Effectively providing contractual support for newly won work including contract implementation at the beginning stages and throughout the cycle of the project.
Departmental & Administrative
- Oversee the provision of advice and assistance on the FAR and AIDAR and other relevant laws, regulations and USG policies.
- Oversee the provision of advice and assistance on foundation and other commercial, non-governmental work, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of proposal pricing, teaming and non-disclosure agreements, contracts, subcontracts and any other contractual documentation.
- Communicate with clients on contractual issues, keeping specific departments involved and informed as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, promulgating and enforcing contracts processes and procedures.
- Provide contract related advisory support in audit practice and international purchasing.
- Determine need for and provide appropriate training to other CA-USA staff regarding contractual issues, processes, etc.
- Provide budgetary and/or pricing support to Programs for on-going projects.
- Monitor and assure the high quality for department’s product output.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of the Contracts and Pricing department.
- Mentor and guide contracts and pricing staff members.
- Develop and maintain department annual budget.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for senior management as requested.
- Any other task as requested by CA-USA management.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Above average interpersonal communication, team building, and collaboration skills.
- Proven knowledge of best contracts processes gained through a demonstrated work history in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment through strong organizational skills including setting department goals and carrying out follow up activities.
- Minimum ten or more years of progressive work history in contracts required; related experience holding a managerial position within a supervisory capacity overseeing contract and pricing activities, with a strong focus on contracts desired.
- Prior direct work experience holding oversight for contracts activities within an international development firm and/or prior contracts experience with a USG contractor preferred.
- In depth knowledge of USG contract regulations, rules and procedures.
- Experience with CPFF, T&M, FFP cost models.
- Above average financial modelling and budgeting skills acquired through related work history.
- Prior related work history providing effective direct oversight of contract and pricing reports strongly desired.
- Previous experience as a proactive member of a management team, with a strong reputation for delivering measurable financial results with a significant emphasis on developing good, collaborative working relationships with the team, counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, and/or donors.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this position.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.