University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President for Contracts and Grants, the Senior Contracts Officer will be responsible for the negotiation, administration, and termination of prime contracts, subcontracts, and cooperative agreements. This position works closely with the senior officers, program managers, and the Program Development unit. There are no procurement responsibilities in this position. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing RFA and RFP bid solicitations and preparing cost proposals with supporting data for conformity with government agency and company policies
- Negotiating and administering contracts, subcontracts and cooperative agreements so approvals, extensions, modifications and amendments, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are handled promptly
- Monitoring financial activity of prime and sub-contracts, including contract, subcontract, and grant closeouts (computing rate variance for final release)
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations including Federal Acquisition (FAR) and the Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR)
- Coordinating with program managers on financial and administrative matters that impact on contracts
- Coordinating budget realignments, when necessary
- Liaison with the Finance Department on contractually-related matters
- Reviewing and providing input to Contracts Database
Required Experience & Qualifications
Note: You must currently be eligible to work long-term in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is required, and experience applying the Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) is highly desired.
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Management or Accounting, or related field is needed.
- Candidates must be skilled in analyzing government contracts for compliance, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects. Closely related experience in a federal contracting environment and hands-on proposal budgeting and costing is required.
- Fluency and excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- Spanish fluency is preferred, not required.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel and MS Word
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements are essential.
- Knowledge of Deltek System One, GCS Premier and/or Costpoint desirable.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please attached a copy of your CV, and cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 6 months ago