7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
May be required to work extended hours including holidays and weekends due to the 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year type of service the ESCO provides its clients.
Background/Work Experience Required:
To be considered, candidates should have:
Preferred but not required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university and four or more years of related experience.
- Four or more years of experience and proven proficiency with two or more of the following: Electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming. Experience must include creation of new programming and documentation, versus maintaining systems developed by others.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, computer networking and use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD 2004 or later.
The ESCO Group Senior Control System Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Discuss projects with project team to review functions of equipment and systems. Interface with project team regularly to resolve technical issues, ensure expectations are met.
- Work with designers and drafting personnel to develop control panel layouts and electrical schematics. May be required to do drafting personally when others are not available.
- Design, configure, test and commission PLC/HMI based control systems.
- Perform project tasks while adhering to scope, schedule and budget constraints.
- Utilize, support and enhance ESCO Automation’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures found in the ESCO Group employee handbook and safety manuals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that represents a professional company image. Keep work space, desks, test benches and tables clean and organized on a daily basis.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct and policy requirements established by the ESCO Group and clients.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Work with Account Managers and Project Engineers to develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to take on and complete project assignments quickly and efficiently
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to alter schedule, direction, and/or tasks for the benefit of the project, client or company, with a professional and pleasant attitude
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Work effectively without assistance from others
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise
Able to accommodate up to 25% of overnight travel for services at clients facilities that are out of town. The amount of travel is largely dependent upon project scope, schedule, and assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical activity such as climbing up and down stairs (may be several flights) and or ladders, and walking long distances while carrying equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**All necessary personal protective equipment is provided to meet and in some instances exceed OSHA Regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be exposed to very loud areas.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (include the position title in the subject header of your email) or fill out the form below:
Full Name *
Your Email *
Upload Your Resume * (.doc, .pdf, or .rtf)