Career Opportunities: Senior Control Systems Engineer
Job Title: Senior Control Systems Engineer Primary Function Maintain instrumentation and control systems in support of plant production, quality, GMP and safety goals. Design and implement changes to the instrumentation and control systems in the plant in support of business approved projects and permits. Reports To: Manager, Control Systems Engineering Supervision: N/A
Key Deliverables Critical Deliverables B usiness · Ensure the instrumentation, control systems, and documentation (and validation or PSM where required) are capable of supporting the quality and production goals of the assigned unit in the plant to meet business needs.
and People · Manage the activities of maintenance, contractors, operations and engineers when implementing changes to instrumentation and control systems or responding to problems with the instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage systems, service contracts or software licenses as directed to maintain the overall instrumentation and control systems.
- Design and implement assigned changes to instrumentation and control systems.
- Maintain and implement changes to the plant instrumentation/control systems.
- Participate in control systems lifecycle planning to ensure instrumentation and control systems are supportable and fit for use as they approach obsolescence.
- Comply with Safety and Health programs. A gility and Innovation · Manage permits/projects as required by business needs within approved cost, schedule, safety and scope criteria.
- Document to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and protection of the workforce and equipment.
- Evaluate opportunities for improving plant automation, information systems, to present for management review.
- Maintain and improve skills required to ensure safe and efficient operation of instrumentation and control equipment.
- Acquire knowledge of new technologies and applications that may be beneficial to the business. Share knowledge and provide assistance within the group, with other plants and any other customers within the organization. R elationships
- Train maintenance, contractors, operations, and engineers where appropriate to minimize downtime of instrumentation and control systems.
and Requirements: · College degree in related field with experience in the process and process controls area, or equivalent work experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of and significant experience with the plant process control systems in more than one of the following control systems: Allen Bradley PLCs, Delta V DCS, Provox DCS, Foxboro I/A DCS, Aspen IP.21, Intellution HMI.
- Demonstrated knowledge of measurement transmitter and control valve theory of operation, application, selection, specification, and installation. · Demonstrated knowledge of analog control theory, configuration, and tuning.
- Experience with project management techniques. Desired behavior,
And Competencies): · Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to work effectively with peers, plant operating staff, and other engineering resources.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, schedule, and carry out multiple tasks with limited supervision. · Demonstrated ability to support operations and provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Experience supervising and coordinating other personnel.
Cameron Craig Group - 2 years ago
The Cameron Craig Group owns and operates a national job board that connects job seekers to more than 1400+ recruiters in the US.