Sr. Controls Engineer – Austin, Texas
Aspire…to save others’ lives, while shaping your own
Hospira is the world’s leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies. Through its broad, integrated portfolio, Hospira is uniquely positioned to Advance Wellness™ by improving patient and caregiver safety while reducing healthcare costs. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 14,000 employees. Learn more at
In this role, you will serve as the focal point for development and optimization of process equipment in an FDA regulated environment. In addition, you will be responsible for documentation of design specifications, process requirements, process validation, process testing and implementation for new and existing process machinery. Additionally, you will provide maintenance engineering support for plant operations.
Provide technical leadership for the evaluation and implementation of large-scale controls improvements to enhance the efficiency, quality, compliance, customer service and safety of
Austin operations. Evaluate existing process controls, suggests and evaluates improvement alternatives, secures funding, plans and executes implementation, coordinates validation, and specifies ongoing maintenance requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop thorough understanding of assigned process controls.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for process and control improvement.
- Provide project scope, design, cost estimation, construction management, start-up and validation detail for equipment and systems.
- Secure project funding through capital and expense plans and updates.
- Implement control improvements on schedule and budget.
- Provide engineering controls and programming service for issues arising in existing processes.
- Coordinate and provide technical leadership for Corporate engineering resources.
- Maintain a state of GMP Compliance in all project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering field
- A minimum of 5 years experience as Process or Project Engineer developing machine controls and control logic, preferably in food, drug or cosmetic industries
Hospira - 2 years ago
Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including...