The Senior Corporate Accountant is a member of the team responsible for producing a timely and accurate monthly close. This position will hold primary responsibility for month-end close activities related to the Accounts Payable and Purchase Order sub-ledgers. The Senior Corporate Accountant provides analysis on Liability-related operational and financial issues. This position will also be responsible for improvements in payment-related processes and expanding reporting capabilities as part of the ERP implementation. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure successful and timely close of Accounts Payable and Purchase Order sub-ledger as part of month-end close, including reconciliation of sub-ledgers to General Ledger.
2. Work with General Ledger Team during the close process to ensure work is done on schedule and questions are answered. Communicate and enforce close timelines with all associates involved in the close process.
3. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Accounts Payable and Purchase Order processes. Participate in special projects as SME in accounting policy and practice, internal controls, and financial process flows.
4. Take responsibility for maintaining and improving the operation of the general ledger accounting system primarily related to sub ledgers. This is done working in conjunction with the Financial Systems Administrators. The Accountant must gain an understanding of how the system works, what is important to the users, and what improvements, if any, need to be made. This role may also be required to assist or lead in making improvements.
5. Provide financial support to Finance Leadership Team, Controllers and other departments to understand Payable and Purchasing accounting.
6. Provide accounting expertise to ERP implementation teams to ensure successful implementations of scheduled enhancements.
7. Establish strong working relationships with Pay Service and Corporate Purchasing teams
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
2. Three to seven years practical work experience in Accounting or Auditing required.
3. Public accounting experience preferred.
4. Excellent technology skills and aptitude. Strong PC Skills with experience in Excel, Word, Access, and Powerpoint). Contemporary knowledge of enterprise financial systems (Oracle preferred).
5. Experience with Accounts Payable and Purchase Order sub-ledgers required.
6. Effective interpersonal skills with ability to work with associates at all levels of the organization.
7. A blend of financial operations and/or analytical experiences with experience in a multi-divisional corporation.
8. Professional work ethic with a high level of initiative, self-motivation and confidence.
9. Strong analytical and problem analysis skills with ability to work independently.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...