Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Center Valley, PA - The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for the control, posting, and maintenance of various subsidiary ledgers on a daily basis. The incumbent will also be responsible for inventory controls, as well as preparation of financial statements, account analysis, and assisting in monthly accounting close, including general ledger entry preparation. He/She will also review and provide accounting schedules to support multiple-element arrangement accounting for various contracts. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly closing process by preparing, uploading, and posting journal entries.
- Assist in the analysis of the monthly Financial Management Report and Olympus Tokyo Reporting packages by analyzing financial statements and various budget vs. actual schedules so that management can analyze company performance.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Provide feedback to Group financial personnel on monthly Revenue, Gross Margin, and Operating Expense Reports to ensure highest quality integrity of data and an understanding of divisional operations.
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of various Balance Sheet reconciliations to be provided by staff accountants.
- Prepare various general ledger account analyses by reviewing transactions within the general ledger to ensure accurate activity within the account.
- Provide transaction backup and respond to questions from external auditors as required on various audit analyses.
- Assist various Business Groups with accounting and financial systems research.
- Provide other groups with accounting and operational process data, and proposes solutions as requested.
- Analyze and challenge various internal control matters as they pertain to financial accounting and reporting.
- Review revenue recognition for various contract types including service contracts, multiple element arrangements, and other deferred revenue scenarios.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting is required.
- A minimum of four to six years of accounting experience or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP accounting rules is required, including but not limited to revenue recognition, business combinations, and inventory valuation.
- Must have strong PC Skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Must focus on prioritization skills as well as organization.
- The ability to multi-task is essential.
- Attention to detail is vital.
- The following physical demands are required:
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
Olympus - 2 years ago