Prepare the financial statements and related analysis for several WS Packaging facilities. Ensure reporting complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ensure efficient operation of the general accounting functions for all activities associated with the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets. Ensure all financial transactions are properly and accurately recorded in the financial system. Manage and maintain the Dynamics GP (Great Plains) accounting system to achieve efficiencies and best practices. Oversee the integrity of interfaces from other systems and/or sources. This position has one direct report.
- Collaborate regularly and frequently with plant management regarding financial performance
- Prepare month end financial statements and related reports, including income statements, bridge analyses, variable spend reports, profit margin reports, and scorecards
- Perform accounting research both independently and by collaborating with outside accounting firm
- Explore opportunities to maximize the use of, manage and maintain the Dynamics GP accounting system, including chart of accounts integrity, security (proper segregation of duties), report development, best practice application, upgrades, and third party solutions
- Take a critical view of financial operations to identify if the financial system configuration is effective and appropriate to meet operational requirements
- Participate as an implementation team member in the periodic upgrade or expansion of Dynamics GP modules
- Identify, evaluate, decide, and implement sound financial/accounting policies, internal controls and business procedures to drive efficiency and effectiveness, utilizing software solutions as appropriate for financial operations and the business
- Assist with WS Packaging’s annual financial audit engagement by preparing and reviewing work papers
- Assist with the integration of acquired companies into WS Packaging’s centralized Accounting Department
- Engage consultants and/or third party providers as needed to drive performance and meet objectives
- Assist leadership team with the annual budget process and dissemination of budgetary information to the departments
- Report figures and analyses to the VP of Accounting and Treasury as well as to other members of senior and executive management
- Report to regulatory agencies and tax authorities and prepare any reports and information required to perform this function.
- Participate in hiring and promoting subordinate employees; train subordinates; assign, direct and review their work
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Has contact with all levels of company employees and external customers and suppliers. Primary internal customers include General Managers, Lean Group, Purchasing, Operations, and Estimating team.
Works in an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the office work environment is usually low to moderate. May spend some time in a manufacturing environment and be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional overnight travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Relocation benefits are negotiable.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced degree in business desirable, but not required.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in accounting. Some public accounting experience preferred. Strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting required. Experience with the implementation, management and oversight of accounting software required.
In addition, the candidate will have the following competencies:
Experience in a growth stage company, and a background that is wide-ranging having required comprehensive analysis of complex situations, creative problem solving and strong influence skills is highly desired.
- Knowledge of accounting and tax law, as well as correct reporting procedures, to ensure corporate compliance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate priorities simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to facilitate conversations with general managers, co-workers, management, and subordinates
- Proven leadership skills to motivate and train team members to work effectively and efficiently in the accounting system; ability to clearly communicate expectations and changes to processes
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets for reporting and analysis, including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to relate the financial numbers into information senior and executive management can use to make decisions about the direction of the company
- Ability to recognize and interpret trends and communicate results
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -