NetApp is a special company with a unique vision and strong culture. We continue to grow, despite an existing multi-billion dollar scale, and we are routinely recognized as a Great Place to Work around the world (No. 6 among FORTUNE Magazine’s best companies to work for this year). Our legal department is also committed to the innovative spirit of NetApp and is recognized as a top innovator for legal services.
We seek to hire a senior employment counsel. This role reports to the Director, Legal – Compliance & Employment and will be responsible for supporting NetApp’s global legal employment and compliance efforts.
This is a unique and important role given NetApp’s passion for its people, and we’re looking for a special attorney who can help continue to scale and make successful NetApp’s workforce and compliance efforts globally. The Company’s legal department is change and innovation oriented, and hires top-notch legal professionals around the world, with deeply-aligned values, a passion for excellence, a results-driven approach, and a desire to win. Strong leadership, lateral influence, team building, and communication skills are essential to succeed. Moreover, our world-class Human Resources team desires to cultivate a deep partnership with this individual, who will be a trusted and valued counsel to them.
• Serve as a worldwide employment counsel for NetApp.
• Cultivate a deep partnership with the NetApp Human Resources team, other stakeholders, and senior leadership globally for purposes of providing both strategic advice as well as daily guidance.
• Provide and coordinate advice regarding hiring, terminations, benefits, workers’ compensation, disability, discrimination, wage and hour requirements, and immigration.
• Coordinate and handle employment- and compliance-related litigation, claims, investigations, and subpoenas.
• Coordinate legally-required employment-related training.
• Monitor, assess, and report on NetApp’s global compliance with laws and regulations.
• Build strong relationships with clients throughout NetApp as well as legal department colleagues worldwide.
• Establish and manage global relationships with and coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel and other vendors to agreed upon budget.
Demonstrated experience providing outstanding legal support to a global human resources organization on a wide-range of employment-related topics.
Deep subject matter expertise with respect to a wide-range of employment-related areas.
Proven high-level of integrity, professionalism, and trust, including in dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to establish and execute on clear goals, objectives, and priorities consistent with the organization’s vision.
Proven judgment, ability to think strategically and creatively, and ability to anticipate and solve complex problems.
Demonstrated ability presenting simple, practical, and actionable information and advice to clients throughout NetApp.
Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with, and leading and motivating, other employees in team and matrixed environments to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined timelines.
Demonstrated judgment in knowing when and how to escalate issues to the appropriate levels of the legal department, the NetApp Human Resources team, and senior leadership and propose solutions.
Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, provide expedient responses to inquiries and issues, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Ability to work at times of day necessary to support global portfolio and address events and issues happening throughout the world.
Proven ability to inspire, lead, and manage a legal team.
Some domestic and global travel.
Education and Experience
10+ years of experience in global employment, preferably in-house in the technology industry.
U.S. law degree with active state bar status.
Excellent legal, regulatory, written, verbal, analytical, judgment, organizational, litigation, investigation, and negotiation skills.
Proven ability to inspire, lead, and manage a team.
Strong leadership, teamwork, management, and partnering skills.
Cross-cultural and global experience, sensitivity, and intellect.
Sense of humor.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp - 20 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....