Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The Senior Corporate Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, performing, reporting and following-up on designated corporate audits and special project reviews in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan. In addition, the Senior Corporate Internal Auditor will: (1) supervise the Corporate Internal Audit team in the performance of selected audits and related assignments as determined by the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit, (2) prepare and maintain working papers related to audit projects in accordance with Department standards, (3) assist the independent registered public accountants in conducting designated financial statement audit work, and (4) perform special projects as directed by Internal Audit Department Management.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Solid knowledge of internal audit practices and principles
• Proficient knowledge of accounting principles and a thorough understanding of financial statements
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal, communication (i.e., oral and written) and presentation skills
Supervise the Corporate Internal Audit staff in the performance of designated audits and related assignments as determined by the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit. Additionally, assist the Manager, Corporate Internal Audit or the Director, Corporate & Information Systems Internal Audit in the preparation of individual team performance reviews for those audit assignments where the Senior Corporate Internal Auditor had direct in-charge responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performing financial/operational audits as outlined in the Annual Audit Plan
• Supervising the Corporate Internal Audit team on specific audit assignments, as applicable
• Preparing audit programs, workpapers, audit reports, etc.
• Communicating audit findings and opportunities for improvement to management
• Assisting the independent registered public accountants, as applicable
• Performing special projects of varying complexity and business focus as directed by Internal Audit Department Management
• Participating in physical inventory observations at selected Company locations, as applicable
• Updating and monitoring Internal Audit Department historical files with audit results, as necessary
• Acting as a department liaison to various PetSmart business functions and committees as determined by Internal Audit Department Management
• Performing any other tasks as requested by Internal Audit Department Management
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA desirable. A minimum of three years of progressive internal audit and/or public accounting experience is required. Fortune 500 Company, SAP product suite and corporate retail auditing experience are desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is required.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 2 years ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...