The ideal candidate for this position is driven, dependable and career-minded. He or she is highly productive and desires to learn and grow with UNIGLOBE Travel Designers. Maintaining the highest levels of integrity and loyalty to the company, this person understands how important it is to stay dedicated to company policy and remain flexible and accessible for the client’s needs. It is important that this person be goal-oriented and a team player.
A travel consultant must have great people skills to effectively manage client and vendor relationships. This person is customer service oriented and understands the necessity of discretion in this role. He or she has the ability to be assertive, ask good questions and maintain patience and confidence in dealing with clients. This person should be even-tempered and is not easily flustered.
The ability to stay organized and detail-oriented while effectively multi-tasking is key in this role. Time management and prioritizing skills are a must for a senior corporate travel consultant.
The Senior Corporate Travel Consultant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
**This is not a virtual position.
1. Maintain a positive, cheerful approach to all customers.
2. Promote professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and e-mail communications.
3. Remain informed of all airline rules, regulations and current affairs. Communicate information to clients accurately.
4. Know and properly use: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books and industry contacts.
5. Maintain client profiles, ensuring special requests and reward program information.
6. Maintain current knowledge of promotions and specials; proactively advise clients of savings opportunities.
7. Process client requests for domestic and international air, hotel and car reservations.
8. Arrange all travel needs for groups of 10 or more when necessary.
9. Offer comparisons and make recommendations.
10. Keep clients up to date on travel regulations, such as passport and visa requirements.
11. Participate in continuing education for travel software and trends in the industry.
12. Adhere to the company’s contract with the client.
13. Ensure optimum customer service at all phases of reservations.
- 5 years travel experience
o 3 years corporate travel experience
- Experience with GDS Amadeus
- Individual AND group travel experience
- Time management skills
- Travel degree OR a 4 year degree