Sr. Cost Accountant, PNS, Finance
at Pall Corporation in Pensacola, FL
PALL LIFE SCIENCES
Senior Cost Accountant
The Senior Cost Accountant will establish, monitor, and improve the financial controls of the selected manufacturing facilities. The position will be based in Deland, Florida, and will remotely support local operations as well as other locations across the Americas. The goals of this position are to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations while decreasing the overall operating expenses, as well as assisting in the creation of local financial statements in accordance with GAAP, SOX, and Corporate policies. The Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for a variety of tasks which will ensure that the goals of the position are achieved.
- Conducts Analysis of Cost and Operational data and assists Controller in the preparation of Cost of Sales projections.
- Conduct independent review and costing of all manufacturing work orders for accurate reporting of Cost of Sales and Inventory valuation.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion to assure protection of the Company's assets through the monitoring and enforcement of adequate internal control procedures as directed by the Controller and Corporate Accounting.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX, and Corporate Accounting policies -and-& procedures.
- Establish reporting and delivery of key plant financial metrics to plant management.
- Act as liaison between manufacturing shop floor and accounting to ensure awareness of manufacturing issues affecting financial performance.
- Review / analyze manufacturing variances and distribution to production management.
- Completion of month end closing journal entries and reporting (Local, Divisional, and Corporate).
- Responsible for inventory and related variance accounts on the balance sheet including monthly/quarterly reconciliations.
- Ongoing maintenance of product costs through review and sign-off of applicable engineering change requests.
- Manage Monthly WIP -and-& cycle count verification -and-& annual physical inventory, including variance reporting and system updates.
- Ensure integrity of system master data that is critical to transaction posting and financial reporting.
- Manage annual budgeting process for the total cost of sales and related accounts in the income statement.
- Manage annual updating of standard cost including labor and overheard rate calculation.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
Please submit your resume to:
- BS degree in Accounting with a minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects and assignments concurrently, working independently in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams, communicating financial facts and information to various levels of the organization including management.
- SAP experience required.
- Hyperion experience a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (macros, vlookups, pivot tables) required.
[click on "Apply Online" button]
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
To apply for this position please visit our site at and go to the careers section. The tracking code for this is GC-
There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than todays challenge helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Pall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recent jobs at
at Pall Corporation in Port Washington, NY
at Pall Corporation in Northborough, MA
at Pall Corporation in Port Washington, NY
at Pall Corporation in New Port Richey, FL
Financial Job Network
- 2 years ago - save job
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...