Senior Cost Analyst, Supply Chain Finance (Job Number: 012350) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Financial analyses of investments/projects, reporting and reviewing the monthly results and variances with the team. Analyzing systems, internal controls, procedures and policies on the business unit accounts, activities; adhering to GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Partners with the Logistics team within the Distribution Center, providing commercial understanding and helping to communicate technical finance issues. Acts as a key liaison between head quarter’s Finance and the business.
- Participates in discussions on budget and forecasting, aiding the business to understand clear plans, aiding clear communication to the wider business of future finance structure.
- Analyzes the Capital Expenditure budget, pulling in the Logistics Teams inputs to the process, enabling the forecasting of spend. Analyzes the annual expense and capital budgets. Analyzes capital and savings projects and recommends go/no go based on expected return from investment and impact to P/L.
- Assists in contributing to the Thought Leadership of the function.
Assists in process Improvement across the Finance team ensuring that maximum benefit from the effort of the team. Reviewing of on-going account treatment to deliver accurately understood financial position.
- Works with the Shared Services Center to ensure the proper recording of business transactions.
- Prepares management reports and presents monthly accounting results to Business Unit senior management.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy in the business unit; implements new policies and changes based on the recommendation and research provided by the Corporate Accounting External Reporting and Research group.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops DC logistics personnel through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience with general accounting, general ledger accounting, general accounting principles (GAAP), FASB regulations, financial accounting and reporting.
- At least 2 years of experience working with a variety of financial platforms
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing applications of technical accounting principles and policies.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing financial management skills, such as directing general accounting activities, accounting questions and judgments for the business unit; ensuring account reconciliations.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Walgreens - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...