Requisition ID: 65088
- Organization: Svc - HR
- Location: Reston, VA
Supervises cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports program organizational and administrative activities. Identifies cost trends for management attention. May review invoices for correct collection of revenue and approval of contractual payments. Responsible for cost engineering, cost estimating, and cost analysis/control activities for small to medium size projects/programs.
Supervision Received - Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel. Ensures that work is completed as scheduled.
Supervision Exercised - Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel.
Contacts - Maintains relationships with project and organizational personnel, particularly with group leaders. Have continuing contacts with Manager, team members, and working and supervisory level personnel of related organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Provides comments and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing and other costs. Prepares detailed staffing plans. Establishes the conceptual scope of studies when definition is not available.
2. Reviews or assists in reviewing proposal provisions and develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Obtains vendor information to update the cost data file. Maintains cost data files.
3. Interfaces with designated Bechtel management for specific cost presentations.
4. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
5. Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
6. Coordinates the pricing structure or criteria that will be used to meet the objectives of the cost estimate. Establishes format and content of summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence and identification of areas of risk.
7. Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Supervises the timely performance of cost control activities. Reviews and critiques plans for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate. Prepares or supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing statistical analysis, and cost comparisons. Develops innovative new techniques to meet specific needs, as required. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of cost trend programs.
8. Supervises cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards. Supervises and is responsible for the development and accuracy of cost engineering reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by Bechtel management and project procedures.
9. Supervises investigating requirements for cost control data for specialty applications. Identifies needs for cost analysis support for the program, and recommends development or modification of cost engineering data standards. Supervises performance of cost analysis activities within the program.
10. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for team consideration and discussion.
11. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
12. Creates and implements measurement systems for given processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements. Uses statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and analyzes measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, and stability issues.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Proficiency with PC operating principles.
Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 21 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...