Job Class Title Senior Court Records Specialist Who May Apply Promotional Type Classified Pay Grade CL11 Minimum Annual Salary 32697.60 Maximum Annual Salary 50169.60 Nature of Work This is a lead worker position with duties requiring independent decision making and contact with the general public, attorneys, litigants and the court. Area of assignment can be any court related departments under the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
Employees in this class resolve complex problems and use independent judgment based on Florida Statutes, Rules of Court and other pertinent legal authorities. This employee works closely with supervisors and management to coordinate activities toward the completion of shift work. The work may include cash handling and verification, account balancing, and preparing daily bank deposits. Minimum Qualifications • 3 years clerical experience in legal or court-related work, one of which includes 1 year in a Clerk of the Court's Office and may include 1 year as a teller or cashier depending on area of assignment; or
Appointing Authority May Also Require: • Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Work Performed • Serves as lead worker over a clerical support staff.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of Florida Statutes, Rules of Court, departmental procedures, and other legal authorities pertinent to the area of assignment.
- Assists supervisor in the planning, assigning and reviewing of work assignments and staff performance.
- Trains new employees and keeps staff apprised of policy and procedural changes.
- May assist in opening, closing, balancing, verifying cash and preparing bank deposits.
- Provides information and services to the general public; responds to inquiries or concerns from other related departments and attorneys.
- May perform a variety of tasks related to an automated office environment.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
- Knowledge of the principles of cashiering, governmental accounting and record keeping procedures.
- Knowledge of automated office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, grammar, spelling, math and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Skilled in the operation of automated office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, plan and productively utilize the talents of the assigned staff.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws and regulations, and communicate information to resolve problems.
- Ability to train and lead personnel.
- Ability to type with reasonable speed and accuracy.
Pinellas County, FL - 2 years ago