Senior Creative Director
URC seeks a candidate for Senior Creative Director to lead communication design, interactive design, and conceptual design to increase mental health and substance abuse awareness. Working with The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) this position will assist in increasing the public awareness about mental and substance use disorders.
Individuals with mental and/or substance use disorders experience high rates of trauma, unemployment, homelessness, poverty, social isolation, discrimination, poor health outcomes, and early mortality. Despite promising new approaches, little improvement has taken place and these individuals remain continually marginalized and excluded from their communities. Additionally, prejudice and discrimination have been identified as major impediments to social inclusion.
- Lead creative sessions for various campaigns.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the project objectives.
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and programs
- Generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project.
- Work with the technical team to develop concepts.
- Provide quality control over concepts and design.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) University Research Co., LLC where dedicated professionals provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. URC’s expertise centers on maternal, newborn, and child health; HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and infant feeding; and vulnerable children and families. It approaches the challenges rising from these health areas through quality improvement, health system strengthening, behavior change and communication, and research and evaluation.
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred.
- At least 4 years management experience working on public awareness campaigns and health interventions.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as best practices.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
URC's approach recognizes that human behavior is complex and results from a combination of context-specific influences, including environmental factors, social norms, health policies, the quality of health services, and individual knowledge. For this reason, we apply a systematic, continuous process shaped by evidence and feedback to develop and monitor multi-level, multi-media health communication and behavior change interventions that are part of our projects in over 45 countries.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
University Research Co., LLC. - 22 months ago