Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creatures, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
Advanced hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya.
Set up and run Maya cloth, hair, muscle simulations.
Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines.
Mentor entry level artists.
Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation is a plus.
- Experience with Massive crowd software is a plus.
- At least 4 years of work experience as a Maya rigger in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing CG characters and creatures for visual media.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Passion for the work.
- Good communication skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs.
- Proficiency with Linux is required.
- Expertise with Maya is required.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Feature Film experience is required.
- Experience in corrective sculpting.
- Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Demonstration of advanced rigging skills.
- A demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
Lucasfilm - 10 months ago