Give Big, Get Hired!
Yes, we Give Big and Give Back to our communities, but we also Give Big in our career opportunities. Having a pulse won’t be enough; our Give Big team is built on dedicated, motivated, goal oriented team members. Connect with us to see if you would make the cut in being part of the Community Choice Team— no jerseys required!
Wanted: The big-lender for big-spenders, the Senior Credit Analyst takes on a higher lending authority and underwrites more complex contracts!
The individual chosen to be our Senior Credit Analyst will be our expert Credit Analyst! In addition to regular Credit Analyst decisioning duties, the Senior Credit Analyst will also be the primary Business Loan analyst, evaluating subordination requests, making recommendations on workout loan requests, and completing various monthly reports. As the primary business analyst, they will be responsible for proper calculation of aggregate exposure, industry analysis, and full underwriting of Symitar business loans to ensure a sound lending decision is made.
If you’re chosen to be our new Senior Credit Analyst you will....
If you’re chosen to be our new Senior Credit Analyst, you will be considered successful if you…
- Serve as the primary business analyst which includes proper calculation of aggregate exposure, industry analysis, and full underwriting of Symitar business loans to ensure a sound lending decision is made.
- Provide credit analysis and make recommendations on all workout loans to management to ensure sound workout restructuring.
- Underwrite all subordination requests with overflow managed by other credit analysts to ensure proper evaluation of property and determine feasibility of granting the requests to subordinate.
- Print and review monthly dealer reports and identify risks and opportunities within the portfolio to identify trends, anticipate problems, and proactively make recommendations to management on modification of relationships.
- Serve as back-up for all system related issues with TCI, Symitar, and PSCU on-line web application and work on system implementation of any new loan products to maintain smooth operations of all systems.
- Serve as back-up in the loan queues in Symitar, TCI (Route One and Dealer Track) and applications from PSCU on-line web applications by thoroughly analyzing and decisioning to maintain competitive turnaround times. Discuss complex applications with other credit analysts and make recommendations to management as necessary.
- Analyze applicant’s credit bureau, income, collateral, employment and residence time, red flags, credit and non credit factors to decision loan ensuring they are of the appropriate level of risk.
- Calculate member and related entity total aggregate exposure and decision application within assigned authority or obtain higher approval authority to ensure a sound lending decision is made.
- Serve as direct contact for finance and insurance representative from our dealer partners by negotiating terms and conditions of applications and reconsider decisions based on information provided by dealers.
- Work with frontline team members to answer lending questions, review member requests and additional information provided by frontline team members and reconsider decisions based on information provided to ensure a timely resolution.
- Promote and cross-sell credit union products and services to assist members in determining their financial needs. Provide pre-approvals when credit capacity allows.
- Obtain registration and maintain NMLS Certification to provide and communicate terms and rates to members on home equity loan applications to ensure compliance with SAFE Act Regulation.
- Actively educate and share knowledge with all team members on lending and serve as a catalyst for the credit union by encouraging all team members.
- Work with the Member Solutions Department to research first payment defaults, charge offs, and loan autopsy files to improve analysis and minimize future loss.
- Achieve monthly objectives laid out in our business plan score card.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external members. Problems and questions are courteously and promptly resolved and you provide assistance as needed.
- Complete your reports accurately and timely.
- Effectively analyze and evaluate credit applications and related financial data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Must have equivalent of a high school education
- Equivalent to a two year degree or completion of a specialized course of study OR five years of similar or related experience
Other Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced Financial Analysis
- Advanced Business Financial Analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Diligent time management skills
- Functions well both independently and within team
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Office
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions.
Community Choice Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Community Choice Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Community Choice CU - 7 months ago