Responsible for Senior level verifications, applications for credit and facilitating payment and account resolution by maintaining relationships with customers, resolving queries in a timely manner and managing customer contact within the departmental time frames.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact customers within the designated timeframes to ensure that any queries are answered in a timely manner ensuring that contact is documented into the commercial system.
• Follow up on assigned past due customer accounts by telephone, email or fax and initiate the necessary action to maximize cash inflows.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to applicable divisional and corporate personnel in a timely manner.
• Assign, maintain and monitor appropriate customers credit limits.
• Accurately analyse financial information including D&B reports, financial statements and other tools to evaluate and determine credit worthiness and provide write up recommendations for approval.
• Work with key internal commercial contacts to remedy past due accounts help reduce the DSO and increase cash collections to meet monthly targets.
• Ensure open communications is maintained with department managers and escalate any issues and concerns to departmental managers as appropriate.
• Prepare bi-monthly accounts receivable review file for monthly meetings.
• Reconcile customer accounts and unapplied cash accounts and submit adjustments accurately and timely.
• Investigates and resolve customer deductions, return issues, disputes, and discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Negotiate, construct, and implement payment plans and/or amortization schedules when necessary for approval.
• Reviews customer credit files to update risk evaluation.
• Maintain and keep current notes in the accounts receivable collection report and the accounts receivable collection forecast report.
• Maintain up to date accurate customer information in the database.
• Check on a daily basis all methods of client communication.
• Take part in customer visits when required which may involve some travel, when needed.
• Monitor and release orders on hold, compile credit evaluation files for management review and update customer accounts in Oracle as necessary.
• Other tasks and/or projects as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Dependability: Punctual; Good attendance record; Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.
Initiative and Leadership: Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
Teamwork: Perform a variety of tasks independently while contributing to the team environment; Build positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interest.
Interpersonal Skills: Support and encourage others; Give and receive constructive criticism; Negotiate; Listen to and value other’s opinions; Convey ideas to a group; Maintain confidentiality.
Organisational Support: Follow policies, procedures, instructions and pre-determined guidelines; Support organization's goals and values.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Planning and Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities; React well under pressure; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
Customer Service: Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; Respond to all requests for service and assistance, show patience and understanding and manage potential difficult customer situations professionally and assertively.
Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Degree level education.
7+ years relevant work experience.
NACM/FCIB certification or willingness to achieve.
Heavy familiarity of execution of financial statement analysis.
Understanding of Incoterms, UCC, letters of credit and security instruments.
Knowledge of commercial credit and collection laws.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Proficient knowledge of MS Office.
Intermediate Word Sills.
Intermediate level Excel;
• Pivot tables.
• Report creations and execution.
Must complete and pass all required pre-employment screenings.
Public Law 91-508 requires that we advise you that a routine inquiry may be made during our initial or subsequent processing of your application which will provide applicable information concerning character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living. Upon written request, additional information regarding inquiry, if one is made, will be provided.
Federal Law prohibits the company from hiring any person unless he/she presents documents, which establish his/her identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Therefore, the company will require each new hire to present such documents as a condition of employment.
EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable state and federal laws, on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age or physical or mental disability to job requirements.
I understand that EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION is in no way obligated to provide employment and that I am in no way obligated to accept employment. I understand that my employment is terminable-at-will, that I am not being employed for any specified time, and that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract for continued employment.
The use, possession, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, or alcohol on the job is prohibited and will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. I hereby agree to submit to any lawful drug or integrity testing that may be required as a condition of employment and understand that refusal to submit to such testing during the course of my employment may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
I certify that any misrepresentations made in this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application and/or for my separation from EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION.
I certify that if employed, I will abide by all company rules and regulations. I certify that the above statements have been read by me and that the statements I have made on this application are true and correct. I authorize any physician or hospital to release any information which may be necessary to determine my ability to perform the duties of a job for which I am being considered for, prior to employment or in the future during my employment with EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION.
Edgen Group Inc - 12 months ago