The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for managing the commercial credit administration function; directing the structure and review of commercial loans and lending practices; ensuring that credit standards are being maintained consistent with those established in the internal lending policy and within regulatory policies; reviewing loans in the portfolio to maintain quality consistent with the policy guidelines. This position is responsible for supervising credit analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises credit analysts in the analysis of financial statements, analysis and preparation of commercial loan presentations in order to make sound and timely credit decisions.
- Mentors junior credit analysts.
- Ensures proper loan and deal structure for credit approvals.
- Provides portfolio risk management and reporting.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures as it relates to credit standards.
- Supports commercial lending officers by coordinating and preparing loan presentations or any other related duties.
- Oversees commercial real estate appraisal review function and coordination of appraisal engagement.
- ACH/Deposit Express/Overdraft approval authority.
- Oversees various projects including:
- Investigation and analysis of division automation projects, i.e. Portfolio monitoring, pricing model, etc;
- Various commercial loan projects/reporting/data scrubs;
- Municipal financial statement review and analysis.
- May attend Loan Committee meeting as required.
- Adherence to established policy, procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of experience with a lending institution in credit and financial analysis
- 2-4 years experience supervising or leading a group of professionals.
- Knowledge of Global and UCA cash flow
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written communications.
- Ability to set priorities and to adapt to changing situations quickly.
- Ability to develop and lead a team of analysts.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Experience with Baker Hill One Point or other spreading systems and/or pricing models a plus
Evans Bank - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard