The ACH File Processing team is responsible for receiving, validating, monitoring and documenting the processing of incoming and outgoing electronic data files using the PEP+ ACH processing system and mainframe programs. This is a business critical function that requires scheduling flexibility to provide coverage for team members as needed and to adapt to changing business needs.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently in a collaborative team environment. The individual must have the ability to recognize research and solve problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Perform the process of checking in ACH files as they are received from external and internal customers, validating file totals using customer-submitted transmittals, and transmitting and receiving files to/from the Federal Reserve Bank, other banks and internal departments.
- Reconcile each processing “window” to PEP+ system reports.
- Follow up on suspension approvals as needed.
- Work closely with support and shift leader to ensure error-free processing.
- Adhere to the ACH rules (NACHA), SOX and management controls in addition to established balancing and settlement procedures.
- Troubleshoot system and file issues with multiple technology partners, both internally and externally.
- Complete daily ACH research/inquiries from internal and external partners. This may include communicating directly with internal and external customers, commercial clients, financial institutions and regulatory agencies, including high profile internal and external Bank and Card clients.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- At least 1 year of Customer Service experience
- 1 Year experience in the banking or financial services industry
Job Operations Primary Location United States-Virginia-Glen Allen-Richmond-Knolls 5 (12022) Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time Job Posting Unposting Date
- At least 1 year of Automated Clearing House (ACH) experience
- At least 1 year experience with PEP+ system
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- General knowledge of banking principles
- General knowledge of general ledger balancing
- Understanding or exposure to process management (BPM, Lean)
Capital One - 7 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...