Works toward achieving specific individual and branch sales and service goals through the following activities:
- Opens deposit accounts
- Prepares and processes loan applications for various lending units (mortgage, consumer, small business, etc.)
- Closes loans for customers for applicable business lines (i.e. consumer lending)
- Makes referrals to other bank business lines and third party partners
- Proactively reaches out, by phone and in person, to high-value customers in efforts to retain and grow the portfolio
- For licensed individuals, sells annuities and/or insurance products
- Responsible for operational compliance and adherence to policy
- Handles daily account maintenance and other service issues as necessary
- May oversee and coach “junior” account representatives in their sales and service activities.
- Expected to gain a full understanding of the teller function with the expectation that it may be necessary to act as a teller in an emergency situation.
- Senior account representatives may also, at times, be expected to act in a “management” capacity – particularly in branches with smaller staffing complements.
- Incumbent must be able to work the following schedule:
- Tuesday : 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Basic business acumen and professionalism is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the products and services offered by the bank.
- Must retain and build upon product knowledge base as a senior member of the division's platform staff.
- Three-to-four years of sales experience on a banking platform, or equivalent external experience in a retail environment required.
- For incumbents who have tenure with the bank, must have a history of solid sales and service successes.
- Should have some supervisory experience.
- Individuals in this position may be expected to obtain licenses to sell annuities and/or insurance products (series 6 / 63) to continue along the retail branch career path (to Assistant Branch Manager).
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Our history goes back almost 200 years. We are the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We offer banking, investments and...