Global Rolled Products (GRP) is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Alcoa's rolling operations around the world and is Alcoa's most global group with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, Australia and Russia.
This position is within Alcoa's North American Aerospace, Transportation, and Industrial Business Unit (ATI). ATI produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products serving customers in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, building and construction, and automotive systems and distribution.
Under the supervision of the Customer Sales & Service (CS&S) Supervisor or Manager this Customer Service and Sales Representative (CSSR) is accountable to provide direct customer service to their assigned customers to facilitate the overall business objectives. The key role is to manage day-to-day account activities and to act as CSSR between the business and its customers. The primary accountability is to deliver value added services resulting in the highest level of customer satisfaction, thereby creating sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. This position requires little or no supervision and requires independent action and initiative within assigned areas of responsibility while managing multiple customers, customer locations, and plant locations.
• Manage the customer booking process and servicing the assigned account on a day-to-day basis including but not limited metal buying, bookings, non-standard order entry, scheduling, pricing, status checks, expediting, releases, shipment, claim resolution, and resolving of related problems involving the plant, marketing, and credit.
• Establish and/or enhancing effective relationships with customer contacts
• Create quality documents and translate customer requirements and specifications
• Prepare written quotations using inside selling techniques to quote pricing
• Involved, in cooperation with, Outside Sales, in developing new business opportunities
• Work closely with support staff providing guidance regarding the customer order cycle process
• Strong attention to detail
• Critical and forward thinking skills
• Tenacity to work in a high volume fast paced environment
• Ability to make tough intelligent business decisions in the best interest of the business
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal astuteness skills
• Strong skills managing external relationship with customers
ALCOA - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...