Salix is currently seeking a highly skilled Business Intelligence Analyst/Architect (Qlikview) to support our Commercial Operations groups.
The Senior Data & Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing, deploying and supporting reports, report applications, and Business Intelligence Systems. Primary responsibilities include providing guidance in regards to data management, display, and delivery, assisting with the creation of ad hoc data warehouse queries, assisting in the research and resolution of data inquiries, assisting with requirements gathering, establishing project objectives, and leading meetings.
The Analyst will develop and support the utilization of documentation standards, develop efficient, reliable quality control processes and methods, develop and conduct user training, develop reports and applications from the Data Warehouse, utilizing the Business Intelligence tool suite. The Analyst will also participate in all aspects of analytic and reporting projects, including conceptualization, design, construction, testing, selection, deployment, and post-implementation support.
Successful candidate will directly support Business Analysts, Marketing and Sales functions, and act as a subject matter expert in gathering customized information and creating dashboards in order to maximize the productivity and streamline systems. Individual will act independently to manage multiple projects and communicate scheduling. This is a customer-facing role, with up to 20% domestic travel.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline required. Masters Degree and/or MBA a plus.
- 5+ years experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, and Dashboard Development required
- Extensive experience in BI platforms required (Cognos, Qlikeview, Microstrategy, etc)
- Excellent database skills (preferably SQL Server) required
- Experience with reporting tools such as SAS, Business Objects and/or Crystal Reports required
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically.
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 7 months ago