Seeking a full-time Senior Data Analysis Developer. This position will play a critical role in the company and is focused on designing & writing map reduces jobs for massive datasets. The ideal candidate should be well rounded, self-motivated, know big data technologies & frameworks and enjoy fast paced development cycles. They should also be eager to learn new things, strive for excellent code quality, ready to wear multiple hats, and comfortable with pair programming. This role may involve occasional travel.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with engineering & product leads to define requirements
- Write various map reduce jobs to validate and analyze product performance
- Work with operations & client-facing teams to create new reports
- Support mathematicians & statisticians in their research work
- Validate new algorithms and new parameters
- Improve analysis code to achieve faster report generation, reduce running time, and reduce turnaround time
- Work with other developers to automate analysis jobs in cloud
- Deliver on time with best quality possible
- Write unit test code and maintain high code coverage
- Other responsibilities will include:
- Improve application’s performance
- Improve device recognition accuracy and longevity
- Review peer’s design and code
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of software design & development experience
- 2+ years of Hadoop experience
- Strong knowledge of Java SE 6 or above
- Expert knowledge of Hadoop stacks: Map-reduce, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Strong knowledge of various algorithms and design patterns.
- Strong debug and problem solving skills.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related fields
- Digital media tech space experience strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS stack (S3, EC2, EMR, Cloudfront)
Monster - 18 months ago