Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Washington, DC 20024
Type: Full-Time Position
Compensation : $75,000 - $90,000 annual salary; Full benefits
SDSE has an immediate opening for a Senior Data Analyst to provide quantitative and qualitative analytic support to the Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) Project Team at the Department of Energy (DOE) headquarters located in Washington, DC (near L'Enfant Plaza).
This effort is in support of the HR Service Delivery (HRSD) implementation project, which is responsible for consolidating many field office locations down to 4 central offices.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting, modeling, and analyzing quantitative data that will be used to advise management on the proper allocation and utilization of resources and different forms of capital, such as staff, compensation, contract costs/expenses, physical property and assets, etc. The Senior Data Analyst will also be responsible for qualitative data analysis, such as data used to evaluate business policies, workflows, managerial decisions, gap analysis, etc. This position reports to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead responsibility for accurately documenting all aspects of the “as-is” HR service delivery model and tracking and monitoring changes as DOE transitions to the “to-be” model. Develops and maintains a list of “as-is” HR model features/elements, including all HR personnel and HR customers determined to most likely to undergo change as part of the transition to the “to-be” model for each current HR Office.
- Develops a methodology for documenting regular updates on the condition/status of the identified “as-is” features/elements and documents changes as necessary. Establishes a risk evaluation criteria to measure the risk to HR staff and customers caused by the changes to the “as-is” model during the transition to the “to-be” model. Proposes strategies to mitigate potential risk/impact to stakeholders.
- Supports the process for placing HR resources from the “as-is” model into the “to-be” model by carefully tracking the movement of current HR resources. Analyzes available data to help inform the size and make-up of the resources needed for the “to-be” model. Provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on “as-is” and “to-be” staffing levels and supports the increased efficiency of the HR line of business through analysis of staffing model scenarios.
- Works closely with HRSD workgroup leads to document deliverables, analyzing their likely impact on the “as-is” and “to-be” model. Develops and delivers executive level briefings; anticipates data requests and provides insight into the decision making process based on analysis performed. Presents findings and supporting data in an easily understood format, specific to the needs of the intended audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, finance, or a similar discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, modeling, and analysis.
- Experience with regards to gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data for the purpose of resource utilization, allocation, consolidation, and/or redistribution. Strong knowledge of the application of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection methodology, modeling; and analysis; ability to develop and deliver briefings that clearly articulate the results of the analysis to help facilitate discussion among stakeholders and decisions where appropriate. Ability to work independently on tasks while ensuring the overall objectives of the HRSD project are achieved.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced team environment while interpreting and evaluating task requirements of other team members and anticipate data collection and/or data analysis needs.
- Experience providing senior data analysis support for projects/programs; experience with multiple data gathering techniques.
- Experience with multiple tools used to analyze and report large amounts of data; strong knowledge/skills within MS Excel .
- Ability to work with and react to a dynamic set of requirements that have the potential to change daily and require flexibility in responding to the needs of the HRSD project manager and Core Team.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Candidate displays a strong attention to detail ability to turn qualitative information into quantitative data for analysis to inform decision makers; ability to analyze significant amounts of raw data; interpret data for conclusions and apply critical thinking to ask second and third-order questions to develop impact statements based on the analysis.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.