The Marketing Science Data Analytics Engineer is the technical expert to work with stakeholders to determine and refine data requirements; apply the requirements to properly document and write program code to extract the data needed; ensure consistent, high-quality delivery of model and analytic datasets; provide analytic preparation of datasets to identify fundamental statistical properties of data elements and uncover data element interrelationships to direct modeling efforts; provide decision support and business intelligence solutions for Marketing clients; and communicate results to stakeholders.
· Work with business users to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define analytic and reporting requirements, including data requirements for their research and analysis that are complete and unambiguous.
· Manage quality of dataset delivery
· Analyze generational data-sets and develop cumulative sum control charts and related control statistics to test quality and consistency of data deliveries overtime, flag out-of-control situations, investigate the source of out-of-control issues and take corrective action.
· Develop specification limits and statistically-derived tolerances for dataset CUSUM charts
· Develop sequential and multiple attribute sampling plans
· Provide reports to management and programmers on statistical quality control issues
· Perform exploratory data analysis of analytic datasets
· Provide standard battery of summary statistics on each variable in an analysis dataset
· Provide plots of continuous variable distributions and histograms of categorical variables, including but not limited to bootstrap plots, box plots, scatter plots, standard deviation plots, lag plots, probability plots, run sequence plots, quantile-quantile plots, probability plot correlation coefficient plots, star plots, 4-plots and six plots
· Conduct multi-factor analysis of variance, determine autocorrelations, determine between-variable correlations, develop interval estimates, determine skewness and kurtosis, identify outliers and determine underlying distributions of individual dataset variables
· Provide summaries of data analysis results to modeling team
· Provide analytic support using decision analysis systems
· Develop specifications for decision support systems
· Design and extract data for provisioning decision support systems
· Design analysis plans using decision support systems
· Extract data from decision support systems
· Develop hypothesis tests and conduct analysis using decision support systems
· Write up data analysis results for decision makers
· Design business intelligence solutions using modeling methodologies, such as the Kimball methodology.
· Create/design cubes for OLAP, MOLAP, etc.
· Lead and direct the work of others. Responsible for leading the developers on projects
· Review business requirements and participate in the creation of functional specifications
· Create Technical Specifications Documents
· Lead the coding and implementing of new product features.
· Diagnose and fix bugs in new and existing code
· Identify and deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
· Determine from corporate and external databases where to source this information from
· Determine dimensionality of KPIs
· Build dimensional hierarchies to deliver KPI summaries at the appropriate organizational, process and geographical levels
· Develop business intelligence applications to deliver KPIs at the appropriate levels of granularity and frequency
· Design output from business intelligence applications to deliver KPIs in a succinct and insightful fashion
· Receive feedback from users and adjusts KPI delivery to meet user needs and expectations
· Develop and implement reporting strategies
· Construct and execute complex SQL queries to verify business data rules and fit-for-use status of data under analysis, and to extract data needed for marketing analysis and research requests based on detailed data requirements
· Utilize Allstate Data Guide (Metadata Viewer) to validate the appropriateness of data elements and tables in their use
· Function as subject matter expert (SME) for marketing data used for analysis and research
· Maintains current and expert understanding of Allstate data models and structures including the Allcorp Data Warehouse (ADW) and other internal data stores used for data extraction
· Review and validate each other’s requirements and code
· Maintains current understanding of software industry news and trends, and how new technology can best be used to enhance the data gathering and extraction process for expeditious and accurate deliver to our research and modeling clients
· Effectively help categorize and prioritize current project loads so that impactful projects are handled most efficiently
Bachelor’s or Masters/MBA degree in a field such as Computer Science or Data Architecture
5+ years of related experience
Advanced technical skills in a statistical analysis software package, business intelligence applications, decision support systems, SQL, UNIX, Oracle, TOAD, MS Office Suite
Solid coaching or listening skills
Solid thought leadership skills
Ability to learn new technologies and help integrate them successfully into the work flow
Ability to deal with an array of data sources, all in different forms and be willing to use an array of tools or methods to create a solution
Strong presentation skills
Allstate - 11 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...