Senior Data Architect
Come work for CashStar and be an industry leader in developing virtual gift card solutions for some of the largest brand names in the business. We have a rapidly growing client roster that includes many of the world’s leading brands - Gap, Starbucks, Williams Sonoma, Coach, Chili’s, The Home Depot, Pizza Hut, Best Buy and many others.
Based on years of experience in the payments industry, we have designed the industry’s first digital gifting and incentives platform that enables customers to email personalized gift cards. Our proven solutions help retailers reap the benefits of seamlessly integrating digital gift cards, coupons and incentives into their marketing and engagement programs.
We are located in the Old Port section of Portland, Maine - located right on the coast, only a 90 minute drive to Boston, a short plane ride to New York and within a few hours drive of some of New England’s best mountain and ski resorts. Come see for yourself and/or check us out at www.cashstar.com.
What’s the Job?
We're seeking a senior data architect experienced in data analysis, data migration tools, data modeling, data integration, data warehousing, database design, and business intelligence. Reporting directly to the Director of Business Intelligence & Big Data, you'll be a leader in our expanding Big Data and Engineering teams and contribute immediately to our swiftly growing enterprise-level gifting solution.
Skills & Requirements
• Well versed in all aspects of Data Warehousing, including ETL, reporting, and data modeling/design
• Experience with both OLTP (3NF) and DW (Star Schema) database design
• Strong background in query tuning
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical deliverables
• Comfortable operating in an open source stack
• Team-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Leadership and mentoring skills
• Working knowledge of clustered environment with replication
• Familiarity with MySQL is a plus
• Good understanding of data security.
• Previous startup experience a plus.
• Genuine interest in software development and other tech stuff is a must!
• Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities - vision
• Enjoy maintaining/enhancing data designs to meet changing client/industry needs
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly document procedures, and to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
CashStar - 30+ days ago