As a member of the TAS Business Intelligence team, the senior data architect will provide leadership and technical expertise in the design and development of multiple BI projects aimed at optimizing and consolidating reporting solutions for GE Appliances, including the creation of the enterprise data warehouse for the ERP+ Program. In addition, the architect will seek big data analytics opportunities and drive execution of these across GE Appliances.
• Design, develop, and implement Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence solutions
• Partner with global development team to create Business Intelligence solutions for reporting and analytics
• Responsibilities will include Data Architecture (data modeling, database design), ETL design and development (Informatica), and reporting and analytics (Business Objects, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion, etc)
• Analyzes business needs and requirements, defines optimum system requirements to meet business needs, and prioritizes and manages new requirements
• Develops detailed analysis, design, construction and testing specifications ensuring technical compatibility and integration
• Conducts business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, database optimization, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management
• Drives the systems development process, including planning and monitoring development efforts, executing deliverables, and communicating to management
• Lead evaluation of emerging technologies in areas of Analytics, Visualization, and Big Data solutions
• Identify and drive business cases for analytics/big data solutions in business
• Provide technical mentoring and guidance to Junior BI systems architects
• Works and communicates effectively across various IT and Business teams
• Applies Six Sigma methodology and lean principals to all aspects of the applications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related computer field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Data Modeling, ETL design, Reporting design
• Experience with the design/development of the following: database performance tuning, BO XI, Informatica, OBIEE and Data Modeling.
• Must have ability to present technical information in a manner that is easy to understand
• Experience in managing multiple projects and priorities through use of defined methodologies and tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent project management, facilitation, oral and written communication skills
* You must be willing to work out of an office in Louisville, KY.
* You must submit your application for employment through www.gecareers.com to be considered.
* You must be 18 years or older.
* You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
* You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience in analyzing source system, data flows, and delivering data architecture designs
• Ability to translate business requirements to application specifications.
• In depth experience with Informatica or equivalent ETL technology
• In depth experience with Business Objects XI, OBIEE, Essbase, or equivalent technologies
• Change agent – introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity
• Strong skills in new product evaluation, architecture and implementation
• Ability to excel in a highly visible, rapidly evolving work environment
• Preferred experience with Oracle RDBMS
• Experience in architecting and implementing solutions with high availability and disaster recovery planning
• Strong skills in integration with data warehouse and business intelligence applications
• Experience with onshore/offshore teams
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrate customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt experience/certification
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...