Serve as a thought leader with an in-depth understanding and hands-on experience leading Big Data technologies and defining the architectural roadmap for Big Data systems.
Work as an impactful member of an inter-disciplinary team with Engineers, Data Scientist’s and Product Managers to understand business strategies and requirements, understand data artifacts and design and direct the engineering and evolution of large scale data architectures.
Work in a fluid, dynamic environment and meet the challenge of designing and developing new systems, as well as being able to manage existing systems.
Designs and direct the engineering of large scale data process flows and systems.
What you need to know & experience you need to have:
The Tech Talk:
- 8-15 years’ experience as a senior software engineer, with the ability to work both as a hands-on engineer and the “big picture” view to define platform vision and drive implementation projects.
- Analyze and understand data related business challenges and opportunities and recommend the appropriate solution to solve the problem
Bonus points given for:
- Experience leading Big Data and related technologies including Hadoop, HBase, open source search platforms including Solr/Lucene and others. Experience working with MapReduce, Pig, Hive, and other similar tools
- Experience with: Linux and open source system environments; NoSQL database technologies such like MongoDB and/or Cassandra; RDBMS systems including Oracle (10G/11G), PostgreSQL, MySQL
What's in it for you:
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience working in Cloud environments
- Web & mobile business models
- Small business and social networking experience
What's it like to work at Manta:
- Your work matters here! We're not making more money for an insurance company or a bank, but regular people making business decisions at their kitchen table... the work you do affects the small business owners and their families.
- A career at one of THE most trafficked sites on the web today - Manta gets more traffic than Apple, CNN and the New York Times! Each month 30 million+ unique visitors come to the Manta site.
Ready to apply?
- Up-beat, entrepreneurial environment where the norm is wearing jeans, t-shirts, and flip-flops every single day!
- FREE Snacks! Healthy Hummus and carrot sticks - Red Licorice - Candy bars - AND bags of chips!
Email your resume to: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7189862