At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a “Senior Data Architect” to join our team in “Phoenix” .
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
- Work with both business and technical resources to translate business requirements into technical solutions. The technical solutions should include logical and physical data models, design documents, test plans, system requirements, and other technical artifacts.
- Ensure that the database architecture will scale beyond the expected transaction and data update volumes. Designing and delivering an efficient physical database architecture is critical to this project’s success.
- Optimize performance by analyzing query patterns and building appropriate indexing and partition mechanisms.
- Propose proper database features for the best design, customization, and user experience. Oracle 10 and 11g experience preferred.
- Architecting and implementing Production systems which include data caching technologies such as Coherence, TimesTen, or a similar product would be very helpful.
- Validate that all physical database designs satisfy business requirements and meet standards to database objects, data integrity, security, performance
- Design and develop efficient SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, stored procedures, triggers, and UNIX scripts to support various data operations.
- Manage database artifacts in source code management system and deploy to DEV, QA, UAT, and Production environments.
- Produces required documents for change management.
- Identifies implementation-specific methods, controls and quality assurance criteria that must compliant with PCI/SOX Policies
- Analyze issues & fix defects during SDLC, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to business users data inquiries.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle (10 or 11g) RDBMS while designing and developing Enterprise-level applications and systems.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale, high-performance databases in a Production environment.
- Knowledge of database replication technologies and server migration strategies
- 5+ years of experience in UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated experience in RDBMS planning, design, and optimization. Must be able to produce strategic and architectural plans, systems requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and running operations.
- Experience scaling the capacity of a database using techniques like caching or sharding.
- Experience as a Database Administrator is a plus.
- Familiarity with programmatic access to the database (e.g. JDBC)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills specific to both technical and business audiences.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure either independently or as a member of a team.
The Senior Database Architect Senior designs, develops, and implements enterprise level Oracle-based database systems in a multi-server environment. This individual will interface with the appropriate groups to ensure that the database solution and overall system architecture meets the applicable business requirements. This person will be responsible for the designing one or more technical architecture and infrastructure alternatives, working with the internal team and client to select the best solution, and then work with all interested parties to build and implement the chosen solution.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
NTT Data - 17 months ago
TT DATA CORPORATION is a system integration company with more than 25 years of experience in the Air Traffic Control domain. Based upon the...