Our Architecture team is looking for a seasoned Data Architect who has the vision, and ability, to, plan, and lead the cross functional effort to define and deliver the long term Vonage Data Architecture. As Data Architect, you will be responsible for defining how our data is managed and leveraged – across a compelling technology stack – including relational and non-relational technologies. The position will be a strategic, forward-looking role within Vonage and will help define and implement data related best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions - Architect, you will analyze, design, and drive data models - including data dictionaries, OLTP schemas and data warehouses across the entire organization’s applications and systems. Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts. Work with technical as well as end users to understand business requirements and identify data solutions. Develop roadmaps and strategies for data usage across Vonage. You will have a significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, MySQL, Database Appliances, No-SQL or others. The Data Architect must also have in depth expertise with data security, data standards, familiarity with storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions.
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education:
- Define and Extend our Data Model
- Data profiling of all Data Flows
- Provide Data Architecture expertise to the Development, Data Warehousing, and Production support teams,
- Assist in Data requirements gathering process analysis
- Provide guidance for Users and Business Owners – who seek data - across the organization
- Assist in trouble-shooting data quality issues and problems.
- Collaborate with technical and business teams to define rich Data Assets to solve Data-Driven problems.
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.):
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required):
- Strong data modeling experience on Oracle 11g (RAC) and MySQL databases. In depth understanding of relational database development including the ability to design, write and tune SQL queries on large database systems
- Experience in the complete project life cycle is required (requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, and tuning)
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modeling techniques
- Minimum of 5 years* experience architecting large scale databases using ORACLE in development and production environments
- Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
- Prior experience modifying/deploying physical database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.) in development and production ORACLE (and MySQL) environments
- Ability to define and create data dictionaries, reference schemas, and documentation standards
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience conducting database design & implementation detailed reviews
- Experience driving Master Data Management concepts and implementation
- Experience driving acceptance and adoption of database standards across a cross functional teams
- VOIP/Telecom business knowledge a plus
- Non-relational data stores
Requires 5-10 years experience in information technology, with at least 5 years experience in data architecture/modeling within Oracle databases
- Masters degree in computer Science preferred. A combination of education, technical training/certification, and relevant experience that is equivalent to 10 years overall working experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
Vonage - 10 months ago