Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Programmer (internally called a Data Engineer) at Epsilon is responsible for working with Client Services to provide the highest quality products and services to our internal and external customers. This role works on assignments that are complex in nature and where considerable judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Qualified candidates will be capable of running all standard processes / templates related to file / data processing and database builds. Additional responsibilities will include planning, analyzing requirements, designing solutions, and developing code for easy to complex, high-volume batch processing systems. Also, this role will be responsible for integrating technology with other groups within Epsilon or third parties as needed. Effective candidates will bhave strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with his or her direct supervisor and upper management in support of the project. Inaddition, s/he will be able to synthesize relevant information on success and risks and escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Take specifications and use them to design / code a solution. Use and fully understand established processes to meet customer requirements, and be able to customize if required. Verify program execution is successful. Proactively identify areas for improving processes and client service. Focus on meeting and exceeding client expectations. Create technical design and operational documentation. Enhance and execute detailed project plans.
- Receive and process input feeds. Verify input data quality, including identification and communication of file variances and potential issues. Manage quality assurance of input feeds. Maintain documentation of processes, file layouts, and/or schedules. Maintain logs for all incoming feeds and generated files. Assists in research projects and ad hoc projects.
- Perform file transfers. Perform backup procedures. Send all outputs to appropriate location (FTP, e-mail, FedEx, etc.).
- Schedule and submit standard and ad-hoc jobs. Maintain and adhere to production schedules.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of updates and output deliverables. Ensure compliance with production standards. Test / Quality Control the solution.
- Ensure adoption of group standards for development, process, and controls. Support users, tune and troubleshoot all software solution. Work closely with the technology vendors on software fixes and enhancements for supported environments. Run integration and system tests.
- Run integration and system tests. QC standard and ad-hoc jobs by ensuring a successful job run and that job meets established QC criteria.
- Attend and participate in regular status meetings. Consult with the client and project teams. Interface with client team SMEs as and when appropriate – communicate production issues, provide analysis, recommend possible technical solutions, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience
- Scripting and programming skills
- Unix/Linux OS and scripting experience preferred
- Knowledge of data hygiene tools (Business Objects, BMC, Group1, TSSUtil, etc.)
- Direct marketing / marketing technology experience (direct mail processing / name and address processing) strongly preferred
- International data processing experience preferred
- SQL skills preferred
- MS Office
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon - 2 years ago