Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Senior Data Protection Administrator in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Title: Senior Data Protection Administrator
Requisition ID: 10102013DPA
Security Clearance: Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance
Location: Patuxent River, MD
- Configure and support the day-to-day system management tasks such as trouble-shooting, backup management, and performance tuning.
- Identify, design, and implement upgrades to backup infrastructure to enhance reliability and performance.
- Initiate and maintain service desk tickets to include receiving or identifying incident/problem, track process, find resolution, make necessary correction to the incident/problem area, and close ticket.
- Create reports for metrics of system incidents, problems, and requests for all Netbackup systems and distribute to appropriate members.
- Assist with application installations and upgrades for client/server environments.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software incidents both locally, and remotely.
Qualifications and Experience: Experience performing foregoing specific tasks in a complex and technically demanding project or task environment. Experience with Symantec Netbackup required. Sound background in Navy IT security policies highly desired.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years related experience is required OR high school diploma and 9 years related experience.
Position Type: Full-Time
Apply: To submit your resume and application for consideration please visit our website at www.scipax.com/careers
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.