Rearden Commerce is the creator of the Deem™, the largest and most diverse syndicated commerce network that enables the syndication of highly relevant transactional commerce experiences across any online or mobile surface within the business-to-consumer and business-to-business markets.
Deem leverages big data, social collaboration, semantics and advanced machine learning to optimize the exchange of goods and services between buyers and sellers, resulting in a personalized, white-label, one-to-one marketplace. For users, this means highly relevant and seamless commerce experiences and for merchants (aka advertisers), this means true performance-based advertising.
Deem provides network participants with potential access to over 200 million consumers, 10 million businesses and a highly-diverse base of 1.2 million national and local merchants and generates revenue from its network via transaction fees and subscription licensing.
Rearden Commerce is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Absolute Relevance is the central positioning of Deem, Inc., and this role is in turn central to the delivery of that promise.
- In this role your primary focus is the development and validation of machine-learned models for scoring commerce items (daily deals, offers, goods, services) for use in a recommendation engine. Your secondary focus is to perform advanced analyses in support of key business decisions, usually closely related to the business to which the models apply.
- If you are intellectually curious and have the world class quant skills to meet the challenges, you will love this job. In addition to answering to being able to witness the direct impact of your work on the company’s revenue, you’ll also be the authority our bright, but more junior data scientists will look to for deep technical advice and review.
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering Economic Systems, Physics, or equivalent quantitative, data-intensive discipline.
- Advanced, authoritative modeling and predictive analytics skills and experience, including multivariate data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Scripting or coding fluency in R, Matlab, or equivalent modeling language a must. Bonus points for Pig, Hive, or coding against the MapReduce API directly.
- An innate intellectual curiosity and the energy, resourcefulness, analytical skills, and a taste for just the right amount of rigor to satisfy it.
- World class communication skills; the ability to tell stories with data, to educate effectively, to instill confidence in your recommendations, and to motivate others to act on them.
- 3-6 years data mining, statistical modeling.
- 2+ year’s private sector experience analyzing large data sets.
- Strong preference for experience analyzing behavioral data sets, and we mean humans please.
- Fluency in and significant spent using more than one statistical and/or data mining solution.
- Experience working directly with Hadoop, Pig or Hive, and Mahout very much appreciated.
- Python and/or Java fluency also a strong plus.
- Strong preference for demonstrable learning bandwidth.
Rearden Commerce, Inc. - 20 months ago