Senior Data Scientist
Market Strategies International is seeking an innovative, Senior Data Scientist to lead the analysis of behavioral “big data,” and create remarkable, consultative deliverables for the worlds’ most famous brands. The ideal candidate will apply intellectual rigor, deep analytical understanding and innovative thinking to create actionable insights. This individual will need to have both a high-level strategic view to building data analytical plans, partnering with other data scientists, while also being able to “roll up their sleeves” and be actively involved in the tactical execution of these plans. We have 1 position open for any of the following locations:
- Livonia, Michigan;
- Atlanta, Georgia;
- Portland, Oregon; or
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Assist in co-selling and proposal development for data sciences solutions
- Communicate with project teams regarding techniques and requirements, and help them choose the appropriate methodology to address client business questions.
- Analyze, develop, and interpret data models and protocols for mining client databases and make recommendations concerning improvements.
- Independently create or oversee execution of data mining architectures, coding standards, statistical reporting and data analysis methodologies in a timely fashion with a high degree of quality.
- While working with extremely large data sets, create order out of chaotic and complex data
- Design and implement statistical data quality procedures around data sources.
- Assist senior team member in explaining and presenting analysis results to internal and external clients.
- Perform data studies or data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Create data management policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for business intelligence (BI) development in conjunction with client managers and other stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist in departmental goals.
- Maintain knowledge of Market Strategies products and offerings, as well as trends, practices and applications of data sciences solutions
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, econometrics or other quantitatively focused field). Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years prior work experience with any of the following:
- CRM/Database Marketing/Analytics Consulting
- Applied Operations Research
- Statistical Model Development
- Data Mining
- Must demonstrate proficiency in data mining models, structures, or methods.
- Strong familiarity with data preparation, processing, classification and forecasting
- Prior technical experience with relational databases.
- Direct experience with data management techniques and algorithm development.
- Expertise in one or more data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R, Matlab) required.
- Must have ability to manipulate large data sets including tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Advanced-level Excel skills, including the use of macros, pivot tables, and other advanced functions are required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and/or SQL.
- Must be able to handle multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Must have excellent use of time management.
- Must show strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, and possess strong problem solving and logical skills
- Must exhibit high ethical standards.
- Able to work effectively both within a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment, and as an individual contributor.
- Must be able to think creatively to communicate and help others visualize the data findings.
At MSI, we provide our clients with a large-scale capacity for high-quality web, telephone, mail and mixed-mode research. We are nationally...