Suncoast Solutions is a fast-paced, dynamic software company that focuses on quality, innovation, and caring in supporting Hospice and Home Care agencies. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will be responsible for partnering with business owners and analysts to translate requirements into a complete data warehouse and business intelligence solution. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will be responsible for supporting and enhancing all ETL processes and the SQL data warehouses used for Solutions Intelligence reporting, dashboards, and benchmarking. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer must have or attain a holistic understanding of the entire Solutions Intelligence development and warehousing process to fulfill this position. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will be responsible to manage data warehouse environments including design, development, implementation, support, performance tuning, and workload management.
We offer a full range of benefits including: health, vision, dental, paid time off, mileage/tuition reimbursement, and peace of mind. EOE/AAP Employer.
Visit us at www.sncoast.com.
1. Minimum of eight years experience in software support, development, database administration (SQL) managing complex multi-Terabyte enterprise data warehouse environments.
2. Proven experience in defining and implementing logical and physical data models.
3. In-depth knowledge in SQL*Server 2008 including database server architecture, processes, memory structures, query plans, query rewrites, and tuning parameters.
4. Experienced in database platform migrations and data loading tools.
5. Experience with Administration such as establishing user groups/users, configuration, and installing upgrades.
6. Experience with Enterprise Manager.
7. Degree required (advanced degree(s) preferred) in computer science or related field with emphasis on quantitative analysis and application development.
8. Microsoft Certification in SQL Server 2008 (MCTS) or MCITP in either the BI or Database Development desired.
9. Strong knowledge of data structures (SQL), algorithms, operating systems and other fundamental Computer Science concepts.
10. Exposure to the healthcare environment in general and to Hospice and Home Health is desirable.
11. Needs to have the ability to handle multiple projects and shift priorities under deadline pressures.
12. Be able to work with limited supervision.
13. Internet experience and knowledge including: IIS, SSL, certificates, file transfer, http and https.
14. Ability to work with outside hosting vendor and security experts to resolve issues.
15. Demonstrated ability to present information in a clear and concise manner, instruct others in the use of software applications.
16. Strong problem identification and troubleshooting skills – resolution management through satisfactory solutions.
17. Strong documentation skills and ability to translate skill set into compliance of company tools and documentation requirements.
18. Able to maintain confidentiality; ensure protection of resources, especially intellectual property and client data.
19. Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile and/or waterfall.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Certification in MicroStrategy as an Architect, Report Developer, and/or Document Developer
2. Experience with customization through MicroStrategy SDK.
3. Experience with using a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cube as a source for MicroStrategy.
4. Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 Database and development tools such as SSIS (for ETL) and SSAS (for OLAP).
5. Experience managing data warehouses on a hosted web site.
6. Knowledge of and experience with the star or snowflake database schema desirable.
Suncoast Hospice - 11 months ago