• Develop and Deploy database objects in pre-production, test and Production environments.
• Oversee the analysis and determination of database performance characteristics, informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommend and implement tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
• Define logical attributes and data integrity-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation requiring hardware, storage, network requirements and accessibility in deploying datacenter infrastructure and operational procedures.
• Optimize database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and suggest solutions for managing database growth. Implements and supports database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; installs necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
• Function as a technical project leader and provide work leadership for less experienced personnel on a portfolio of database technologies. Review and approve application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability and reliability upon deployment.
• Develop proof of concept and demonstrate User Acceptance Testing involving design, Maintenance and Implementation of database features. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
• Involve in planning, scoping, estimating, costing, scheduling, identifying & mitigating underlying risks and delivery skills.
• Install and configure domain controllers with various configuration of TCP/IP networking services (DFS, DHCP, DNS and WINS) and networking implementation for multiple servers. Establish and maintain Security Integrity controls in conjunction with applications and security groups.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, any Engineering degree, or closely relevant field plus 5 years of progressive experience in job offered or related occupation in various aspects of database administration.
• Alternative: Master’s degree and 2 years of experience in same fields/areas
Skill sets needed
Experience must include the following:
• Proficient in various scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, PowerShell. Perform UI testing and report Bugs.
• Strong knowledge in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL database administration in windows and various UNIX platforms such as HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Red Hat Linux and Sun Solaris.
• Experience in Designing, deploying, and supporting large scale, highly available SQL OLTP systems (T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, Clustering, Replication, LogShipping, Mirroring, Always-On) with configuration of TCP/IP networking services (DFS, DHCP, DNS and WINS)
• Experience in deployment and maintenance of Oracle OLTP databases with RAC, ASM, Disaster recovery databases, OEM, RMAN backup and recovery operations.
• Experience in deployment and maintenance of very large OLTP MySQL databases with high availability clustering.
• Strong knowledge in project SDLC, ITIL, ITSM, BS7799, ISO270001 IT security standards.
• Experience in developing database objects and Implement database security, performance tuning, and backup and recovery procedures is a must.
Please send resumes to Aditi Technologies, Attn: Gokulakrishnan Deivanayagam/Job Code SDBA-01, 2002 156th Avenue NE #200, Bellevue, WA 98007. Work location: Bellevue, WA; may have long term assignments in other locations in U.S. including Seattle & Redmond areas. If submitting your application electronically, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the name of the position and the job code.