Consumer Reports is charging forward into the Digital age and looking for an experienced and talented Senior Database Administrator to join the technology team to be part of the movement and growing business. This role will be part of an innovative technical team that is working hand-in-hand with the business to build state of the art digital products that are impacting consumers throughout their journey with Consumer Products and Services. We are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial candidates that are motivated to spark change and lead the organization into the new digital era...
Requirements: BS degree in computer science or other related field and 5 - 7 years experience working with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple high-availability platform environment. Should have strong command of Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, and MySQL database applications. Requires in-depth knowledge of physical data design, relational database technology, stored procedures, database clustering technologies and database administration. Must possess strong experience with Oracle, PL/SQL and be able to demonstrate expertise in the areas of schema implementation, performance tuning, indexing, query optimization, and database administration. Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Supports all production and non-production databases with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
• Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of development and production data base infrastructure.
• Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
• Perform backup and recovery of database systems configure database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models.
• Optimize database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
• Automate and monitor processing of external feeds, ETLs, and data replication.
• Conduct periodic data cleansing to rid system of old, unused, or duplicated data.
• Develop and maintain medium to long-term data base management plans and consolidation efforts.
• May provide guidance to more junior staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned but not those of a higher level.
ConsumerReports.org - 19 months ago