Connect to GXS and Connect to the World!
With more than 2400 employees and operations in 20
different countries, GXS offers endless opportunities to
learn, grow and succeed with one of the nation’s
fastest-growing private companies. Bring us your talent,
energy and drive and become a star player on our winning
GXS is actively seeking a Database Administrator to
design, develop and implement database applications to
accommodate a variety of user needs. The successful
candidate will Analyze and determine informational needs
and elements, data relationships and attributes,
proposed manipulation, data flow and storage
requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
Define logical attributes and inter-relationships and
designs data structures to accommodate database
production, storage, maintenance and accessibility.
Tests designed applications utilizing database
management software or general programming software.
Installs, implements and supports systems within the
user base. Performs system level database maintenance.
server software and related products.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related
policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery
maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and
- Demonstrated proficiency with Golden Gate.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Perform application tuning and performance
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when
consultation to development teams.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical
jobs and data replication activities.
- Patch Management and Version Control.
- Implement and maintain the database design.
- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.).
- Write database procedures, functions and triggers.
- Assist developers with database activities.
- Tune database queries Monitor application related
- Monitor application related jobs and data
Please note: This position is open to our Concord, CA
and Gaithersburg, MD offices as well.
utilities and tools.
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related
- Good understanding of the underlying operating
performance tuning and monitoring.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery
- Good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- Good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages
- Good knowledge Oracle data integrity.
- Sound knowledge of the implemented application
Coordinator and data management through the various
- Experience in code migration, database Change
stages of the development life cycle.
- Sound knowledge of both database and system
management, development teams, vendors and systems
- Should have sound communication skills with
- Provide a strategic database direction for the
- Should have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Should possess a sound understanding of the
Education and Experience:
administration, including versions 9i, 10g, 11g, R2
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle database
production database environments.
- Must have experience with Golden Gate
- Must have experience with Oracle RAC
- Experience in managing both development and
- Proven track record in DB performance management and
computer systems, preferably Linux.
- Current, proven, in-depth technical skills in
availability to work nights and weekends when
- Participation in scheduled after-hours rotations and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of verbal and written communication
in various time zones.
- Ability to effectively communicate with remote peers
- Strong client-facing customer service skills.
- Proactive sense of urgency in resolving problems and
- B.S. technical degree or equivalent.
Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, R2 environments.
- Must have experience supporting mission critical
Database Certified Associate.
- Oracle Database Certified Professional or Oracle
and optimization of DB environments.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively drive automation
practices based on ITIL,
- Experience with implementing service management best
- Familiarity with performance and stress testing.
- Familiarity with DR approaches and crisis
GXS life in Emeryville
- Software experience in RedHat Linux.
- Experience with 24/7 follow-the-sun support models.
Join our Emeryville, CA office conveniently located off
Interstate 80 just across the Bay Bridge from San
Francisco with free shuttle to BART (Bay Area Rapid
Transit) and access to and from Oakland International &
San Francisco International Airports. The office offers
beautiful views of the SF Bay, SF skyline, and Golden
Gate Bridge and is within walking distance to the Public
Market and many great shops and restaurants!
GXS is a leading B2B integration services provider and
operates the world’s largest integration cloud, GXS
Trading Grid®. We help our customers extend their
partner networks, automate receiving processes, manage
electronic payments and improve supply chain visibility.
Servicing more than 550,000 businesses, including
two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and 22 of the top 25
supply chains, we are valued as the world’s #1 B2B
Integration Services Company and recently named to the
To Learn More:
Req. Code : 2302
Organizational Unit : SDOP
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)