Resolvit IT & Management Consulting is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to work as a full-time Resolvit employee in New York, NY. The ideal candidates must have proficiency in multi-dimensional database technology and experience protecting and maintaining data integrity, database design, and the ability to establish, support, and maintain standards. This position serves as a senior database administrator and as a mentor to others in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of database technology.
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for the following duties to exceed the expectations of the client:
Other skills and requirements include:
- Monitor, troubleshoot, support all MS SQL Server functions
- Maintaining and managing Tidal enterprise scheduler for all SQL related jobs
- Analysis of execution plans
- Performance monitoring and tuning of databases
- Create and maintain all SQL Server documentation
- Administration and upkeep of SQL disaster recovery environment
- Administration and support of SQL job schedules and backup routines
- Second level Help Desk support for SQL related issues
- Change management control and code review of all products related to SQL and SQL itself
- Implementation and support of applications related to SQL
- Requirement gathering and working with key business stakeholders on projects related to SQL
- Application consulting of SQL related projects
- Architecture design and review of SQL data structure in all systems
- SQL Development (jobs, stored procedures, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on database administration experience
- SQL clustering and replication experience a must
- Tidal experience a plus
- MCDBA preferred but not required
- Assumes an ownership role and takes the responsibility seriously
- Able to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones and issues
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
We're a progressive management and IT consulting firm that helps clients' businesses grow with the power of our people—functional and technical experts who bridge the gap between IT and the business that it supports.
Our projects focus on software development and infrastructure support in the vertical markets of: telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, manufacturing and distribution, finance, media, and government. Our project managers, programmers, designers, analysts, and engineers support Fortune 1000 clients.
We've grown 121% over the last two years. How? We hire the best in their fields—results-focused professionals with skills that are re-deployable from one engagement to the next. Our employees receive excellent benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
At Resolvit, you'll be one of the people growing our business. We'd like to make you part of our success. Contact us to discuss your future.
Click here to apply online
Founded in 2002, Resolvit is an international technology consulting firm with strategic centers in Washington, DC, Raleigh-Durham, NC,...