Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Database Architect to join our growing CSSC team in Washington, DC.
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
- Designing and developing complex Microsoft SQL environments and database models with CSSC’s Software Architects and Technical Leads
- Investigating, diagnosing and monitoring database events
- Optimizing database performance and performance tuning
- Performing extensive analysis of database entities, relationships and attributes
- Designing large scale data migrations
- Working closely with other teams of application developers, IT support, and web hosting services
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server certification
- 10 years experience in database design, development and implementation
- Significant experience in designing and administering a large complex SQL environment
- Programming experience with emphasis on designing complex t-sql and .Net procedures that scale well and are optimized for use in a high volume environment.
- Strong experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture
- Strong presentation and communication skills
American Institutes for Research - 21 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...